What time is sunset today? Or sunrise tomorrow? When is the "magic hour" next March 20 in Paris? With Sol, you can check times and get reminders of solar events, at home or while traveling! Great for everyone looking to plan activities based on sunlight. Use it to remind you to walk the dog before dark, get up with the sun, or find golden hour time for that perfect photo.
Sol: Sun Clock is the Swiss-army knife of sunlight tools with a design inspired by the simplicity of the sundial. Use it to plan your day, guide natural sleep cycles, get the best light for outdoor photography, make sure animals or kids are safe inside before dark, or to map out the best times to go running or fishing.
* Be in tune: Sol will tell you when the golden hour is, how much sunlight you have left in the day or what time the next sunrise occurs.
* Look to the future, travel around the world: Sol lets you find sunlight information for any date, anywhere on earth.
* Find solar midnight and solar noon, and all three twilight (dawn and dusk) periods: astronomical twilight, nautical twilight, and civil twilight. Keep tabs on the next solstice and equinox.
* Reminders and Alarms: Use Sol as a natural alarm clock that you can set to any event (like sunset, golden hour or solar noon), and the alarm or reminder time will adjust gradually as the days change with the seasons.
* Automatic Location: Sol not only calculates the amount of daylight and sunrise and sunset times, but does so for any location in the world (both Northern and Southern hemispheres) by using your device's GPS... no network connection required.
* Other locations: Optionally, use the built-in map to choose any location in the world by moving the pin, or search using the name of any city.
* Optional location-aware alarms. Sol knows when you change with your location; and as you travel it will adjust any alarms you set relative to sunrise and sunset times. Create alarms for multiple locations around the world.
* Detailed almanac information: Useful information about the day's length, sun's azimuth and elevation, equinoxes and solstices, and a friendly glossary that explains all the terms.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. However, GPS runs in the background ONLY if you have set location-aware alarms.
Fixed tappable date area on iPhone X series.
Ratings and Reviews
This helps me schedule my work hours around daylight hours, which is a necessity for any full-time farmer.
I have set my civil twilight starts alarm in the morning so I can get up before the crack of dawn. I have also set the evening golden hour alarm to let me know when I've got to scurry to get things done.
Hello only had it two days, and this is already save me three hours. Great program!
I would love it if they had a paid version, like SOL pro, so I could set two alarms in the afternoon for siesta time, based upon the temperatures that I see on weather underground. The only thing that it's missing that I can think of -Custom cues set by the users.
A really sweet app
I have other apps that will tell me this but I wanted to heave and app with some nice bells and whistles some nice sounds that will tell me about sunrise and sunset. This app has more other times from which to choose and I like enabling them and I like the different sounds because they remind me to pause and just appreciate being in nature. There are a lot of very cool visual features with this app that I’m sure I would enjoy if I could. However I use VoiceOver and would still like to see this app be a little bit more voiceover accessible. Otherwise I really love this app. I also wish it would continue with notifications even if the app is not opened every few days.
Simple yet useful
A surprisingly useful little app. Find solar noon and apply sunblock before you cook. Use it to find the right time to take scenic photos. I imagine there are other uses as well. Simple to use also
2 years later. App is still under active development. The interface has been tweaked a bit to add some polish. Still very good at what it does. Sometimes an app doesn't need to have a million different functions. Simple can be awesome.
- Juggleware, LLC
- 36.7 MB
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2011–2018 Juggleware LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.