Sol: Sun Clock – Daylight Forecaster & Solar Alarm
By Juggleware, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
What time is sunset today? Or sunrise tomorrow? When is the "magic hour" next March 20 in Paris? With Sol, you can check times and get reminders of solar events, at home or while traveling! Great for everyone looking to plan activities based on sunlight. Use it to remind you to walk the dog before dark, get up with the sun, or find golden hour time for that perfect photo.
Sol: Sun Clock is the Swiss-army knife of sunlight tools with a design inspired by the simplicity of the sundial. Use it to plan your day, guide natural sleep cycles, get the best light for outdoor photography, make sure animals or kids are safe inside before dark, or to map out the best times to go running or fishing.
* Be in tune: Sol will tell you when the golden hour is, how much sunlight you have left in the day or what time the next sunrise occurs.
* Look to the future, travel around the world: Sol lets you find sunlight information for any date, anywhere on earth.
* Find solar midnight and solar noon, and all three twilight (dawn and dusk) periods: astronomical twilight, nautical twilight, and civil twilight. Keep tabs on the next solstice and equinox.
* Reminders and Alarms: Use Sol as a natural alarm clock that you can set to any event (like sunset, golden hour or solar noon), and the alarm or reminder time will adjust gradually as the days change with the seasons.
* Automatic Location: Sol not only calculates the amount of daylight and sunrise and sunset times, but does so for any location in the world (both Northern and Southern hemispheres) by using your device's GPS... no network connection required.
* Other locations: Optionally, use the built-in map to choose any location in the world by moving the pin, or search using the name of any city.
* Optional location-aware alarms. Sol knows when you change with your location; and as you travel it will adjust any alarms you set relative to sunrise and sunset times. Create alarms for multiple locations around the world.
* Detailed almanac information: Useful information about the day's length, sun's azimuth and elevation, equinoxes and solstices, and a friendly glossary that explains all the terms.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. However, GPS runs in the background ONLY if you have set location-aware alarms.
What's New in Version 3.2.2
Fixed bug where the first 3 alarms weren't sounding in "persistent" mode.
THE "go-to" SR/SS app!
It's clean design and functionality make it useful for all from novice to avid sun worshipper.
great app to jnow when to shoot
Need true sun-shadow gnomon, please add it
A very useful solar clock, please add true sun-shadow gnomon, a virtual sundial!
The sun-sync alarms helps me go out for a hike or walk at the best times of day.
The only thing missing is an electronic sundial.
A sun-shadow gnomon would make a really useful visual display. The gnomon's shadow would show both the solar azimuth and elevation, dynamically and with elegant simplicity, a graphical indication of the shadow length and orientation for any time during the day.
Please put a gnomon and a shadow in the middle of the circle. The static shadow is misleading.
Also, please let me set any specific sun elevation angle, up to 45 degrees, instead of limiting me to 20 degrees for golden hour. Architectural and nature photographers need this.
Sol. Solar timepiece for iPad. ☀☀☀☀☀ 5 stars.
≡≡≡ 9/9/2016. Updated 9/27/2016.
Need true sun-shadow gnomon, please add it?
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Sep 25, 2016
- Version: 3.2.2
- Size: 17.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Juggleware, LLC
- © 2011–2016 Juggleware LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.