Sol: Sun Clock — sunrise, sunset, and golden hours. Solar alarm clock.
By Juggleware, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get reminded when it's sunrise or sunset, wherever you travel! Great for photographers-- find the golden hour times on any date, anywhere.
Sol: Sun Clock is the Swiss army knife of sunlight tools with a design inspired by the simplicity of the sundial. Use it to plan your day, guide natural sleep cycles, plan the perfect photograph or to map out the best times to go fishing.
* Be in tune: Sol will tell you how much sunlight you have left in the day or what time the next sunrise occurs.
* Find solar midnight and solar noon, and all three twilight (dawn and dusk) periods: astronomical twilight, nautical twilight, and civil twilight. Keep tabs on the next solstice and equinox.
* Reminders and Alarms: Use Sol as a natural alarm clock that you can set to any event (like sunset, golden hour or solar noon), and the alarm or reminder time will adjust gradually as the days change with the seasons.
* Automatic Location: Sol not only calculates the amount of daylight and sunrise and sunset times, but does so for any location in the world (both Northern and Southern hemispheres) by using your device's GPS... no network connection required.
* Other locations: Optionally, use the built-in map to choose any location in the world by moving the pin, or search using the name of any city.
* Optional location-aware alarms. Sol knows when you change with your location; and as you travel it will adjust any alarms you set relative to sunrise and sunset times. Create alarms for multiple locations around the world.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. However, GPS runs in the background ONLY if you have set location-aware alarms.
What's New in Version 3.1.0
Fixes an iOS 8 issue on iPhone with the date selector on the main screen, and updates notifications and location updates to be compatible with iOS 8's new privacy permissions.
Don't buy if you want alarm and keep phone muted!
This app looks fantastic at first glance! Unfortunately, it does not do what I want it to do. If your phone is muted (or in do not disturb mode), alarms will not sound. On the in-app FAQ they explain that this is because of Apple rules, which every other alarm app I have gotten must be blatantly ignoring. I keep my phone muted at all times and if I were to use this app for my alarm, I would have to switch settings twice a day. Some people may be able to do that, but I am not one of them. At some point, I am bound to forget and miss my alarm or get in trouble for having my phone ring during class.
I wish that they had been transparent about this massive feature gap in the app-store description, especially as this is a pricier app. I would never have purchased if I had known.
If you intend to use this app for other purposes or never mute your phone, go for it!
This thing is awesome. Has every detail, it's beautiful, and I absolutely LOVE all the customizable options for the alarms! Just now realized I can zoom in and out on the main view too, so cool! Only suggestion for improvement: I have several alarms setup, and it would be great if I can drag them into a different order, currently it lists in the order I created them and I don't seem to be able to rearrange them in the list. THANK YOU so much for this amazing app, I can't live without it.
Great App That Needs an Update
This is one of my go to apps. However, it needs to be updated to support higher resolution screens and notifications should be added to cover the alarm issue when the app is not in foreground.
I would also like to see the ability to set notifications that are relative to events, say -0:45 relative to Golden Hour so I can travel to location to get my best photo.
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Oct 16, 2014
- Version: 3.1.0
- Size: 12.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Juggleware, LLC
- © 2011-2014 Juggleware LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.