Solitaire City (Ad-Free)
By Digital Smoke LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Play all your favorite solitaire games such as Klondike, Double Klondike, Spider, FreeCell, Spiderette, Tri-Peaks, Scorpion, Pyramid and many more. This version of Solitaire City® is completely advert free with no In-App purchases! If you've played thousands of games with the free version of Solitaire City then your scores, statistics and customizations will now be automatically transferred to this paid version so there's no excuse not to upgrade now! Solitaire City is a Universal App! Buy once and play it on all your iOS devices with tablet enhanced high resolution graphics on iPads and detailed HD graphics on all devices that have Retina displays.
Numerous game rules offer nearly 70 solitaire variations:
* Klondike (6 variations)
* Spider One, Two and Four Suits
* FreeCell (7 variations)
* Double Klondike (3 variations)
* Spiderette One, Two and Four Suits
* Tri-Peaks (2 variations)
* Scorpion One, Two and Four Suits
* Alternations (4 variations)
* Three Shuffles and a Draw
* Demon/Canfield (4 variations)
* Poker Squares (4 variations)
* Pyramid (4 variations)
* Cribbage Squares (3 variations)
* Golf (4 variations)
* Casket (2 variations)
* Eliminator (3 variations)
* Yukon (3 variations)
* La Belle Lucie
* Demon Fan
* Super Flower Garden
* Baker's Dozen
* Blind Alleys (2 variations)
* Accordion (2 variations)
Solitaire City is played against the clock for points. The faster you complete a game, the higher your score. Think you have an epic score? Then take a look at the numerous Game Center leaderboards to see how it compares with players from all around the world. View your friends' scores on their own separate leaderboards too.
A unique training system is included that teaches you the game rules and points out valid moves as you play. No more confusing rules to read. Learn new solitaire games as you play!
* No adverts or In-App purchases
* Automatically transfers your scores and statistics from the free version
* Universal iPhone/iPad App
* Drag cards or tap to move them
* Classic Solitaire/Patience (Klondike)
* Stunning HD graphics on all Retina displays
* Enhanced HD graphics on iPads
* Landscape & portrait support
* Rotate the device during play to switch orientation
* Impressive graphical effects
* Timed scoring system
* Game Center online leaderboards and achievements
* Interactive training
* Suggest a move button
* Listen to iTunes music while playing
* Fun sound effects and sound themes
* Create your own sound themes
* Custom background graphics
* Use photos from your album or camera as a background or card back
* Choice of detailed card designs and card backs
* Replay the same game deal
* Unlimited undos
* Saves game position when the phone rings
* Left and right handed options
* Serious addiction
1) Three Shuffles and a Draw, La Belle Lucie etc can be found under the "Fan Games" section as separate game Rules.
2) You can either drag cards onto other cards or use the new Tap to Move feature - tap on a card to highlight it grey and then tap where you want it to move to. You can turn Tap to Move off from the Solitaire City Settings screen if you always drag cards.
3) There is an option that can ask you to confirm if you want to end a game on the Settings screen. It's called "Confirm New/End" and if you're prone to accidentally hitting the New button during play then simply turn it on.
Try our other games "10 Pin Shuffle" and "Silly Saucers", also available on the App Store.
What's New in Version 7.00
1) A new game; Accordion!
2) Blind Alleys was only letting you move a full column to an empty space when it should have allowed you to break up a column and move it to an empty space.
It takes something really good to get me to write a review and that is exactly what this game is! I have had trouble with the game exactly twice in all the years that I have owned it and both times the developer provided quick support to me on what to do to try to get back to playing! In all honesty one of the times was a simple user error and the other issue was I was running the game on an old IPod that couldn't accept a new system update but did automatically update the game so again not really anything wrong with the game software but rather what I was using. Other than those two items that were my fault this game has run non Stop for years and I play it daily. So I highly recommend purchasing this game. Great variety of card games for the money! Excellent, very responsive support by the developer, and hours of fun! Buy this game, you won't be disappointed!
Still My Favorite Solitaire App
In the years I've had an iPhone, I've tried at least a dozen Solitaire apps, but always came back to this one as a favorite. Because of that, when I got an iPad a few years back, this app was the only Solitaire app I bothered to install.
There are others out there with more games, but this one has all that I need. I play Alternations with the most generous rules when I need to relax and not think too hard, Free Cell when I want a challenge, and the others when I want some variety.
A special thank you to the developer for an update earlier this year that added a larger typeface to the card options. My Dad's eyesight is deteriorating because of macular degeneration, and the increased size made it possible for him to keep playing. Much appreciated!
Best Solitaire game I have found
I typically only play a few of the games but for those that like variety, this app has it. Included is every solitaire game I have ever encountered and many that I have not seen before. Through its options, you can adjust the games so they are exactly like the flavor you are used to playing. If you like solitaire, this one is highly recommended.
However, I do however wish the button bar that shows while you are playing was at the bottom instead of the top. When a message comes in while you are playing, it covers the buttons and you have to wait for the message to go away before using any of the buttons.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Oct 11, 2016
- Version: 7.00
- Size: 50.1 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
- Seller: Digital Smoke
- © 2008-2016 Digital Smoke LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.