Solitaire City (Ad-Free)
By Digital Smoke LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Play all your favorite solitaire games such as Klondike, Double Klondike, Spider, FreeCell, Spiderette, Tri-Peaks, Scorpion, Pyramid and many more. This version of Solitaire City® is completely advert free with no In-App purchases! If you've played thousands of games with the free version of Solitaire City then your scores, statistics and customizations will now be automatically transferred to this paid version so there's no excuse not to upgrade now! Solitaire City is a Universal App! Buy once and play it on all your iOS devices with tablet enhanced high resolution graphics on iPads and detailed HD graphics on all devices that have Retina displays.
Numerous game rules offer nearly 70 solitaire variations:
* Klondike (6 variations)
* Spider One, Two and Four Suits
* FreeCell (7 variations)
* Double Klondike (3 variations)
* Spiderette One, Two and Four Suits
* Tri-Peaks (2 variations)
* Scorpion One, Two and Four Suits
* Alternations (4 variations)
* Three Shuffles and a Draw
* Demon/Canfield (4 variations)
* Poker Squares (4 variations)
* Pyramid (4 variations)
* Cribbage Squares (3 variations)
* Golf (4 variations)
* Casket (2 variations)
* Eliminator (3 variations)
* Yukon (3 variations)
* La Belle Lucie
* Demon Fan
* Super Flower Garden
* Baker's Dozen
* Blind Alleys (2 variations)
* Accordion (2 variations)
Solitaire City is played against the clock for points. The faster you complete a game, the higher your score. Think you have an epic score? Then take a look at the numerous Game Center leaderboards to see how it compares with players from all around the world. View your friends' scores on their own separate leaderboards too.
A unique training system is included that teaches you the game rules and points out valid moves as you play. No more confusing rules to read. Learn new solitaire games as you play!
* No adverts or In-App purchases
* Automatically transfers your scores and statistics from the free version
* Universal iPhone/iPad App
* Drag cards or tap to move them
* Classic Solitaire/Patience (Klondike)
* Stunning HD graphics on all Retina displays
* Enhanced HD graphics on iPads
* Landscape & portrait support
* Rotate the device during play to switch orientation
* Impressive graphical effects
* Timed scoring system
* Game Center online leaderboards and achievements
* Interactive training
* Suggest a move button
* Listen to iTunes music while playing
* Fun sound effects and sound themes
* Create your own sound themes
* Custom background graphics
* Use photos from your album or camera as a background or card back
* Choice of detailed card designs and card backs
* Replay the same game deal
* Unlimited undos
* Saves game position when the phone rings
* Left and right handed options
* Serious addiction
1) Three Shuffles and a Draw, La Belle Lucie etc can be found under the "Fan Games" section as separate game Rules.
2) You can either drag cards onto other cards or use the new Tap to Move feature - tap on a card to highlight it grey and then tap where you want it to move to. You can turn Tap to Move off from the Solitaire City Settings screen if you always drag cards.
3) There is an option that can ask you to confirm if you want to end a game on the Settings screen. It's called "Confirm New/End" and if you're prone to accidentally hitting the New button during play then simply turn it on.
Try our other games "10 Pin Shuffle" and "Silly Saucers", also available on the App Store.
What's New in Version 7.00
1) A new game; Accordion!
2) Blind Alleys was only letting you move a full column to an empty space when it should have allowed you to break up a column and move it to an empty space.
Far superior to other solitaire games
I've been playing this game for several years and am not tired of it. The collection of games included covers a wide range of types but the most distinctive thing about the Solitaire City is that there are multiple variations of each game included. Generally these give you a choice varying from easy to hard. The score history is quite complete and handles each variation separately. The choices of card faces and backs are excellent and the user interface is good too. Improvements continue to be released as well. Overall, this is one of my very favorite apps, both for iPhone and iPad.
This was the first game I bought from the App Store for my 1st generation iPod Touch way back in 2008. I've moved on to many Apple devices since then, but I always make sure I have this game loaded. My memory is now foggy on how much the game originally cost. Doesn't matter though because I've had countless hours of fun playing all the versions of solitaire. This game has kept me entertained on airplanes, doctor's waiting rooms, in long lines, when I'm home in bed with the flu, etc. - I hope the developer gets to see this review and gets the warm fuzzies knowing how well loved this game has been.
Many fun games, many difficulty levels
I like having a such a nice selection of solitaire games at my fingertips! There are old favorites and new ones I hadn't seen before.
Easy and quick to navigate, this app has always been solid. Can pause/resume, and choose a demo if you like. Plus, my friends' scores and times challenge me. Rules and scoring information is provided for each game and each level of difficulty.
And they are still adding new games:)
- Category: Games
- Updated: Oct 11, 2016
- Version: 7.00
- Size: 50.1 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
- Seller: Digital Smoke
- © 2008-2016 Digital Smoke LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.