Solitaire City (Ad-Free)
By Digital Smoke LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
This version of Solitaire City™ is completely advert free with no In-App purchases! Solitaire City is a Universal App! Buy once and play it on all your iOS devices with enhanced high resolution graphics on iPads and incredible HD graphics on all devices that have Retina displays. iPad Retina and iPhone 5, 6 and 6+ widescreen support.
Numerous game rules offer over 60 solitaire variations:
* Klondike (6 variations)
* Spider One, Two and Four Suits
* FreeCell (7 variations)
* Double Klondike (3 variations)
* Spiderette One, Two and Four Suits
* Demon/Canfield (4 variations)
* Poker Squares (4 variations)
* Pyramid (4 variations)
* Cribbage Squares (3 variations)
* Golf (4 variations)
* Casket (2 variations)
* Alternations (4 variations)
* Eliminator (3 variations)
* Yukon (3 variations)
* Tri-Peaks (2 variations)
* La Belle Lucie
* Three Shuffles and a Draw
* Demon Fan
* Super Flower Garden
Solitaire City is played against the clock for points. The faster you complete a game, the higher your score. Think you have an epic score? Then take a look at the numerous Game Center leaderboards to see how it compares with players from all around the world. View your friends' scores on their own separate leaderboards too.
A unique training system is included that teaches you the game rules and points out valid moves as you play. No more confusing rules to read. Learn new solitaire games as you play!
* No adverts or In-App purchases
* Universal iPhone/iPad App
* Classic Solitaire/Patience (Klondike)
* Stunning HD graphics on all Retina displays
* iPhone 5, 6 and 6+ widescreen support
* Enhanced HD graphics on iPads
* Landscape & portrait support
* Rotate the device during play to switch orientation
* Impressive graphical effects
* Timed scoring system
* Game Center online leaderboards
* Interactive training
* Suggest a move button
* Listen to iTunes music while playing
* Fun sound effects and sound themes
* Create your own sound themes
* Custom background graphics
* Use photos from your album or camera as a background or card back
* Choice of detailed card designs and card backs
* Replay the same game deal
* Unlimited undos
* Saves game position when the phone rings
* Left and right handed options
* Serious addiction
1) Three Shuffles and a Draw, La Belle Lucie etc can be found under the "Fan Games" section as separate game Rules.
2) There is an option that can ask you to confirm if you want to end a game on the Settings screen. It's called "Confirm New/End" and if you're prone to accidentally hitting the New button during play then simply turn it on.
3) If you like to play Solitaire City in bed, then you can lock the display to either landscape or portrait, again from the Settings screen.
Try our other hit game, "10 Pin Shuffle" also available on the App Store. Both free and paid versions available.
What's New in Version 4.22
What's New in v4.22
1) Moved the in-game Settings icon from the right hand side of the toolbar to the left because some people have said that they accidentally press it when they mean to press the Show Move button.
Bug Fixes in v4.22
1) If Game Center was disabled in the Settings, then Show Achievements was greyed out but so was Sound Theme.
2) On the Sound Themes page, you could tap on the message about creating a Custom Sound Theme and it would display a check mark next to it as though you had selected it as a Theme.
3) If you chose a different card set while playing Spider or Double Klondike on a retina iPad then it would forget which card set you'd selected when you re-opened the App.
4) Sometimes the in-game buttons at the top of the screen would be pushed down the screen too far after the green in-call status bar had appeared.
5) If you won a game of FreeCell Rule 1 to get the "First FreeCell" achievement then you would be awarded the "FreeCell Freak" achievement too.
6) It wasn't possible to unlock the Klondike Champ achievement.
It takes something really good to get me to write a review and that is exactly what this game is! I have had trouble with the game exactly twice in all the years that I have owned it and both times the developer provided quick support to me on what to do to try to get back to playing! In all honesty one of the times was a simple user error and the other issue was I was running the game on an old IPod that couldn't accept a new system update but did automatically update the game so again not really anything wrong with the game software but rather what I was using. Other than those two items that were my fault this game has run non Stop for years and I play it daily. So I highly recommend purchasing this game.
Favorite game app. Period.
Many different games to choose from, no wifi or data required, no begging for help from other people, no purchase required to 'continue in game'. Can select a quick 2-minute game of free cell against the clock or immerse yourself into a longer, more involved game of 4-suit spider or casket. Love this app and have been using for several years. Worth paying extra for the deluxe version for many more games. Pay once & done.... not a rip-off like 99% of other game apps out there. Highly recommend. You will not be disappointed. Only downside: HIGHLY addictive... can steal hours of your time!! :)
Best solitaire app I can find
...In terms of graphics, card appearance, ease of moving cards, and games. That being said I do wish the developers would add a few more games. I've purchased apps with 50+ games just to get a little variety now on then but I'm so used to the ease of this app I end up removing the others from my phone after a few games. There's no need to give us 50 Games, but adding a few more of the popular solitaire games out there would make this app a five star plus for me
- Category: Games
- Updated: Dec 17, 2014
- Version: 4.22
- Size: 36.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Digital Smoke
- © 2008-2015 Digital Smoke LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.