Solitaire City™ (Deluxe)
By Digital Smoke LLC
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Solitaire City®, an iPhone fave, is now available for Mac! Compete against players from all around the world and see your name and scores in lights on real-time, daily, weekly and champions leaderboards that are automatically synchronized with a central server.
Numerous game rules offer over 60 solitaire variations, including 12 variations of the classic Solitaire found on Windows, also known as Klondike, Spider One, Two and Four Suits, FreeCell (7 variations), Klondike (12), Demon (4), Poker Squares (4), Pyramid (4), Cribbage Squares (3), Golf (4), Casket (2), Alternations (4), Eliminator (3), Yukon (3), Tri-Peaks (2), Double Klondike (3) and Spiderette One, Two and Four Suits.
- 60 Solitaire variations including Classic Solitaire/Patience
- Huge jumbo sized cards
- Impressive graphical effects
- Multiple detailed card designs
- Unique scoring system
- Online hi-score tables (play offline too)
- Fun sound effects and sound themes
- Interactive training system teaches you as you play (no more boring rules to read!)
- Create your own sound themes
- Enticing background graphics
- Use your own JPEG images as a background
- Unlimited undos
- Serious addiction
What's New in Version 5.00
1) Six new fan games (Games menu / Fan Games) - Demon Fan, Three Shuffle and a Draw, Super Flower Garden, Shamrocks, La Belle Lucie and Fan.
Bug Fixes in v5.00:
1) Fixed a crash in FreeCell when moving a large column of cards with only one empty FreeCell.
2) The on/off state of the fireworks endings is now remembered correctly.
3) If you tried to start a new game from the hi-scores screen and the dialog box appeared that asked you whether you wanted training or not, the hi-scores scrolling cursor could appear making it difficult to click on a button.
4) Kings packed on Queens of the same suit couldn't be placed on an empty space in Yukon Rule 2.
Problems with Scoring on MAC Version 5.00
Both my husband & I play. Trouble is, when he plays and scores it gets erased and replaced with my name and my scores if I play, and vice-versa. Since this is touted as a ‘family friendly game’, why can’t two people of the same household play a competitive game with one another on this app??? I’ve asked technical support about this twice for the last few days, but, to date, no response. HELP, please?! Both my husband and I enjoy your app and wish to both play without ruining or replacing each other’s scores.
Outdated? Really . . .
I ran this program on the 11 November 2015, and when I tried to log in today (12 Nov) it told me that the app was bought on different computer and I was told that I had to give my Apple ID. It WAS NOT bought on a different computer as this is the only Apple Computer that I own. After finally logging in, I received a message sayig the file was damaged and to download a new version. I will see if the same happens to my Windows system computer later this morning. I
Not good for Battery
My favorite Solitaire package, Solitaire City, also runs on the ipad and iPhone. I purchased this for my Macbook Air 13" and within 10 minutes of use the fan began to whir at full speed and the battery life went from 5 hrs to 1.24 hours…..not good for use while traveling. For whatever reason, this seems to be a processor hog. Too bad. I don't even like using it with the Air plugged in. The MBA gets hot and noisy. Looking into other solitaire games for MBA.