By Righteous Hammer Games Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
"A bright, funny, and engaging mix of ideas that's well worth adding to your home screen."
- Pocket Gamer
"An insanely fun mashup of roguelike RPG and solitaire."
Solitairica takes RPG combat and challenging rogue-like progression to a fresh new place—the world of solitaire!
Gather your weapons and prepare to battle the armies of Stuck! In the land of Myriodd, all of the hearts have been stolen by the horrible Emperor Stuck, and you are the latest warrior brave enough to try to return them, saving the world from total heartless destruction!
With the guidance of the great Kismet who will teach you the power of solitaire and the four great energies—attack, defense, agility and willpower—to battle your enemies... you could finally be the one to save the realm.
Each player’s journey will be a unique challenge, with a horde of ever-changing enemies and a wide variety of items and spells to explore. Battle your enemies with brute force, or cleverly constructed builds with devastating combos, and defeat the Armies of Stuck!
- Introducing a brand new turn based solitaire combat system.
- Procedural enemies that combine hilarious and dangerous traits for endless variety.
- Heaps of items and scores of spells to combine. Millions of builds to try!
- Challenging and dynamic rogue-like progression.
- Four great energies to master: attack (destroy cards), defense (counter and armor), agility (peeking and quickness) and willpower (healing and the arcane).
- Collect wildstone each journey to upgrade cards and unlock new decks, which change the way you play.
- Deck upgrades include Ace, King and Queen cards which provide powerful boosts during battle.
What's New in Version 1.0.16
A few minor bug fixes
- Catalog Screen: Track your progress, plan your combos and scout your enemies with the new catalog screen! The catalog lists all spells, items and enemy traits with achievement tracking (Available from the title screen. Note: not available on Mini1 or iPad2)
- Battle Info: This overlay has been totally overhauled to give useful information like info on the current enemy traits, equipped items and additional basic info to help new players.
- Some achievements that stopped being checked based on profile data, now check every session in case original event didn't get through.
A fantastic foundation
PuzzleQuest, but with solitaire instead of Bejeweled is a great premise, and the core game is fun enough that I happily completed the game with every class and unlocked everything.
The main issue is that there ultimately is only very slight variation in the experience of the different classes, especially once you get past the first two areas, where the majority of your mana begins to come from clearing cards and your equipment than your own deck. This, combined with only a few unique spells for each class, means the end of the game looks almost identical every time.
This is to say: I eagerly await a more expansive sequel. Will be following this developer in the future.
PS: The alchemy spell monopolizes too much of the early game. There's no reason not to take it, and then do nothing but try to use it as much as you can without screwing yourself.
Decent But Too Luck Based
Solitairica works well other than the really long load times, but the amount of luck involved quickly create frustration. Getting all the wrong cards a dozen times in a row is not fun, especially when enemy attacks are an order of magnitude more potent than the best you have access to. Needs an anti-bad luck mechanic and more avenues for actual skillful play.
7 Plus (iOS 10.x)
Thanks for the HD overhaul and all of the recent improvements, devs! The post-release support for this app has been exemplary.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Mar 14, 2017
- Version: 1.0.16
- Size: 208 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Righteous Hammer Games Inc.
- © 2016 Righteous Hammer Games Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.