Solocator - GPS Field Camera to stamp photos with location, direction, altitude, date, time + optional editable notes
By Civi Corp
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Solocator is a GPS camera for fieldwork. Overlay and stamp photos with GPS location, compass direction, altitude, date & time taken + with Industry Pack (IAP) capture editable notes such as project name and photo description, street address and UTM/MGRS coordinate formats. It can auto save 2 photos to camera roll at once - Stamped photo and original high res photo. You can also view photo direction and location in map view and navigate there. So now you will always know where and when a photo was taken and how to get back there.
TAILOR THE INFO YOU CAPTURE
You can choose what information you want to overlay on your photos to suit your fieldwork.
- GPS Location (Latitude & Longitude in various formats) ± Accuracy
- Compass Direction – Bearing
- Altitude (Metric & Imperial units)
- Date & time
- Show Compass
- Show Cardinal points in Building mode; e.g. North or South Elevations of a building face.
- Option to use abbreviations or Unicode characters for direction, position and altitude.
WORKING WITH CAPTURED INFO
- Options to take and auto save two photos to Camera Roll at once; one with stamped info and the other as an original high res photo.
- Photos are sorted by time, location, distance from current location and by project name (if Industry Pack purchased).
- View photo direction and location in map view and navigate there
- Save photos with metadata in Exif format to camera roll
- Share photos on Facebook & Twitter
- Email photos from within the app including:
• Exif metadata
• Compass Direction
• GPS Position ± accuracy
• Date & Time taken
• Street address (if selected)
• Elevation of building face viewed (if selected)
• Links to maps so receiver can navigate there easily
INDUSTRY PACK (In-App Purchase)
REFINE AND LOCK GPS LOCATION
Ideal for those working in and around buildings; to improve your GPS location. You can also use it to lock the position of the asset or subject you’re photographing as opposed to where you’re standing.
Stamp your photos with "Project name" & "Description". The project name field could be used as job or policy number etc. You can also go back and amend project name or description or just add the notes later when you’re in the office.
PROJECT NAME USED AS FILE NAME PREFIX
Photos taken with project name at the time of capture are saved with prefix, which works with photos emailed. Photos with a project name will also be sorted and grouped by project name. Project names are also automatically used as email subject lines.
SWITCH OFF CAPTURE MODES – GREATER FLEXIBILITY
Switch Compass, Building and Street modes off and just show GPS info bar on top of photos. Gives you more flexibility on what and how you overlay info and show more of the photo.
Customize your photos by stamping your own watermark. e.g. company name, team or photographer name.
Selecting street mode overlays photos with street address.
Email KML file of photo location
What's New in Version 2.3.5
- Fixed camera zoom - thanks Everton.
- Bug fixes.
Ideal App for Field Inspector
As a contractor I work for various Municipalities, Counties and the State. This app has served its purpose time and time again. It is the best app out there. The details you can add to the photos just makes reporting a breeze!
LOVE THE APP.
Throwing it out there. Can you make an iPad version now that the iPad Pro offers flash with its camera?!?!
Great app. Use it for taking construction photos. Would be nice if one could use Dropbox rather than sending the pictures to Apple photos. It would allow for separation of work photos from personal photos and I could have access to them right on my computer.
Should be better
I've been using the app for a few months and it sometimes behaves in a buggy fashion. It will crash suddenly or fail to delete photos when I ask it to. This last item in not good if you need to save space.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Jun 05, 2016
- Version: 2.3.5
- Size: 12.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Civi Corp Pty Ltd
- © 2012 - 2017 Civi Corp Pty Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Industry Pack$3.99