Solocator is a GPS camera for fieldwork. Overlay and stamp photos with GPS location, compass direction, altitude, date & time taken. Plus, with the Industry Pack (In-App Purchase) capture editable notes such as project name and photo description, street address and UTM/MGRS coordinate formats as well as customised exporting to Dropbox & Google Drive including KML, KMZ and CSV files. It can auto save two photos to camera roll at once - Stamped photo and original high res photo with back or front facing camera. You can also view photo direction and location in map view and navigate there. So now you will always know where and when a photo was taken and how to get back there.
TAILOR THE INFO YOU NEED TO CAPTURE
You can choose what information you want to overlay on your photos to suit your fieldwork.
- GPS Location (Latitude & Longitude in various formats) ± Accuracy
- Compass direction – bearing
- Altitude (Metric & Imperial units)
- Date & time based on your GPS location
- Show compass
- Show Cardinal points in Building mode; e.g. north or south elevations of a building face.
- Option to use abbreviations or Unicode characters for direction, position and altitude.
WORKING WITH CAPTURED INFO
- Options to take and auto save two photos to camera roll at once; one with stamped info and the other as an original high res photo.
- Photos are sorted by time, location, distance from current location and by project name (if Industry Pack purchased).
- View photo direction and location in map view and navigate there
- Save photos with metadata in Exif format to camera roll
- Share photos on Facebook & Twitter
- Email photos from within the app including:
• Exif metadata
• Compass direction
• GPS Position ± accuracy
• Date & time taken
• Street address (if selected)
• Elevation of building face viewed (if selected)
• Links to maps so receiver can navigate there easily
INDUSTRY PACK (In-App Purchase)
Stamp your photos with "Project name" & "Description". The project name field could be used as job or policy number. You can also go back and amend project name or description or just add the notes later when you’re in the office.
PROJECT NAME USED AS FILE NAME PREFIX
Photos taken with project name at the time of capture are saved with a prefix, which works with photos emailed. Photos with a project name will also be sorted and grouped by project name. Project names are also automatically used as email subject lines.
Customize your photos by stamping your own watermark. e.g. company name, team or your name or copyright.
Selecting street mode overlays photos with street address. You can select at what distance interval to check and update street address when on the go.
CUSTOM EXPORT TO DROPBOX & GOOGLE DRIVE
Export multiple photos with captured project file names to shared team folders.
CUSTOM EXPORTING & EMAILING
Export or email multiple photos and photo info in KML, KMZ or CSV formats. Attach maps of photo locations along with your photos when exporting or emailing.
Select your combination of photos, maps and captured info in the file formats to suit your needs.
TRACK PHOTOS IN MAP VIEW
View multiple photos by direction, distance between photos, area of photos taken and distance to your added markers via imported KML files or dropped pins.
REFINE AND LOCK GPS LOCATION
Ideal for those working in and around buildings; to improve your GPS location. You can also use it to lock the position of the asset or subject you’re photographing as opposed to where you’re standing.
SWITCH OFF CAPTURE MODES – GREATER FLEXIBILITY
Switch Compass, Building and Street modes off and just show GPS info bar on top of photos. Gives you more flexibility on what and how you overlay info and show more of the photo.
With v2.4 we’ve added a number of requested features in the standard app and in the Industry Pack including a feature called tracked photos.
NEW IN STANDARD APP
• User defined photo sizes for exporting/emailing.
• Approximate file size for emailing/exporting.
• Share photos via standard sharing options.
• Custom URL scheme - see Help/Info in settings.
• User defined font size for notes overlay.
• Fixed bug when deleting single photos.
• App now uses GPS location for time.
• Support for front facing (selfie) camera.
• Lock Capture Modes in camera view.
• Compass improvements.
• Support for 3D maps.
• Optimised for iPad.
NEW IN INDUSTRY PACK
• Lock notes overlay for taking photos with same info (extra tap on pencil in camera & turns red).
• Export and email multiple photo info in KML, KMZ or CSV formats.
• Export or email map with single or multiple photo locations.
• Customise what to email or export.
• Custom export to Dropbox & Google Drive.
• Support for other export/sharing options.
• New tracked photos in map view. View multiple photos by direction, distance between photos, area of photos taken and distance to user-added markers via KML files or dropped pins.
• View and deselect photos from map view before emailing, exporting or sharing.
• Added user defined distance interval for updating street address.
Thank you for your continued support and feedback. Also my apologies for the delayed release of this version as I did promise some of you that it would be out a lot earlier.
Ratings and Reviews
I have been using this app to document various aspects of my field work for a couple of years now.
I show it to other folks that I think may benefit from using it as well; contractors, sub- contractors, utility locators, etc. Some one asked me if I received a commission if they purchase this App. I replied that the hours that this App saves me on a daily basis for my work is all the “commission” that I need. Thank you Solocator!
Does the job
When I can't get my digital camera to connect this is a great back up. Sometimes I have to log GPS position inspections. This works every time where my camera works 80 to 90%. Glad I found this app. If someone did not want to spend the extra money for the GPS camera, this is a great substitute.
Ideal App for Field Inspector
As a contractor I work for various Municipalities, Counties and the State. This app has served its purpose time and time again. It is the best app out there. The details you can add to the photos just makes reporting a breeze!
LOVE THE APP.
Throwing it out there. Can you make an iPad version now that the iPad Pro offers flash with its camera?!?!
- Civi Corp Pty Ltd
- 49.3 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2012 - 2018 Civi Corp Pty Limited
- In-App Purchases
- Industry Pack $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.