$$$ ON SALE FOR A SHORT TIME! $$$
Solyaris is a visual movie browser to find and discover films, tv shows or actors and explore their connections.
Search the entire Open Movie Database (TMDb) collection for movies, tv shows or people. Explore connections and gather information about their relations. Learn about the cast and filmography.
- Search for movies, tv shows or persons
- Discover popular and movies now playing in theaters
- Find out what's on the air
- Visually explore connections
- See the cast, read the storyline and flip through film posters
- Get the filmography and biography for each actor or director
- Watch YouTube movie trailers
- Browse IMDb and Wikipedia articles
This application uses the TMDb API but is not endorsed or certified by TMDb. All information provided by TMDb, IMDb, YouTube and Wikipedia. Solyaris is not responsible for the content, nor the availability or performance of these services.
“The app offers users a different way to view how actors, directors, and movies are interconnected. It was fun to open a node and see a forgotten, but loved, movie appear.”
- PadGadget: Solyaris Puts Hollywood Connections at your Fingertips
“Solyaris is an exploration into organic information design to visualise movies, actors, directors and their relationship. The application made in Cinder allows you to search the entire Open Movie Database (TMDb) collection for movies, actors or directors.”
- CreativeApplications: Solyaris
- Rewritten from Scratch
Solyaris has been rebuilt from scratch, taking advantage of Apple's latest technology. Enjoy!
- TMDb Update
Based on the new TMDb API, Solyaris now provides even more and better information about movies, tv shows and actors.
- iPhone 6 and iPhone 6+ Support
Optimized for all devices and screen sizes.
Ratings and Reviews
Great visualization and potential!
A great way to visualize movies and their connections, somewhat like the Discovr apps, but shows more connections. Its actually more like the web-based Visual Thesaurus, but for movies. The visualization is clean, the use of space is good, and I like how touch is used to show more information. More control over the visualization would be appreciated but this is a wonderful start.
As a movie lookup app, I would give it 3 stars. I'm giving it 5 stars for the platform, which I think has huge potential for other uses - words, social networks, and other databases. I would love to see this beta develop into a platform for other content of the users choice. Huge potential!
I like it.. For me - to be able to create clear pictures - it would make sense to introduce views.. that would make it possible to show only the relevant part of the huge number of graph points and connections in a certain scenario.
Very cool, needs an update.
This is a very neat data visualization of actors, filmmakers and their relationships to their films and each other. However on the iPad 3 there are some display issues. Also the database that this app draws on for it's information is not as complete as the IMDB, and lots of "smaller" movies are not represented, making this less valuable as a research tool, and more of a proof of concept.
- Beat Raess
- 5 MB
- Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © 2015 Beat Raess
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.