Don't you hate seeing the same band, album, or song listed multiple times in your library? Song Sergeant intelligently identifies and removes duplicates, renames inconsistently named artists and albums, reunites orphaned song files to your library, and deals with missing song files. Song Sergeant will whip your music library into shape in no time.
• Finds and removes duplicate song files
• Intelligently merges the best song information with the best audio data
• Preserves your playlists while removing duplicates
• Identifies inconsistently named artists and albums
• Discovers orphaned song files within your music folder but not seen in iTunes
• Reunites missing library songs with orphaned files
• Fix problems quickly and automatically — or with great manual control
• Detailed "related songs" drawer helps you make decisions
Various stability improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
I’ve got 8382 Orphans and just as many Missing. But Song Sergeant chokes every time when Missing drops to 6579, just before which iTunes, which was open, mysteriously aborts. Song Sergeant asks if I’d like it to relaunch iTunes. I say “Yes” but then Song Sergeant hangs, dead, without iTunes re-opening. I open iTunes manually and wait. Alas, Song Sergeant is dead in its tracks. Same thing happens every time.
Not working since the most recent iTunes update
When trying the use this app, iTunes will crash after approximately 250 duplicates have been processed, causing Song Sergeant to quit working as well. I wrote to the developer so said they are awayre of the problem and are developing a “work around.” For now, the app cannot process more than about 250 duplicates at a time.
This app will get rid of orphaned files that may be hiding in your iTunes library. I haven’t found anything else that will do that.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.