SongShift transfers the music you love to the music provider you choose. Shift your favorite albums, playlists, and songs with a few taps.
Dissatisfied with your music provider or want to try something new? SongShift does the grunt work of Shifting your music so you don't miss a beat.
How it works:
- Connect the music services you want to transfer music between.
- Select the items you'd like to transfer and configure the destination. Destination choices include an existing playlist, new playlist, or a library import.
- SongShift finds suitable matches with your destination service.
- Before transferring, you'll be able to confirm our matches and fix any we may have gotten wrong.
- The rest is magic. Sit back and let SongShift transfer your music.
Currently Supported Services:
- Apple Music
* Requires an active Apple Music subscription to transfer to and from Apple Music.
- Shift your favorite music from one music provider to another.
- Match review makes it a breeze to transfer the exact music you want.
- Add many transfers to the queue with batch setup.
- Add new transfers using a web link copied to the clipboard.
- Monitor playlists for new song additions to keep your transferred playlists up to date.
- Clean minimal design with intuitive features to enhance your experience.
What are they saying?
"For iPhone users, SongShift is your best bet." - Nick Douglas in LifeHacker
If you have any issues with SongShift please let us know at email@example.com. We'll be happy to assist in every way we can.
In this update:
- Add a Remove All option when removing Legacy shifts.
- Add a settings option to automatically mark any failed matches as ignored during processing.
- Fix an issue causing empty Apple Music playlists for some users.
- Improvements to processing
If you’ve got a couple of minutes to spare, please leave a review or update an old one. It makes a huge difference to small teams like us. Thank you in advance!
Find SongShift online at @SongShift on Twitter, facebook.com/SongShift, or for support at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ratings and Reviews
As someone who has multiple music streaming services, with SongShift, I am able to transfer my playlists in between apps. I love how quickly it migrated each playlist and notifies with colored dots of which songs/playlists have completed, in queue, or failed the transfer.
However, I wish that I was able to continue the transfer with the app in the background, many times I will start a transfer and get distracted on my phone with something else and find that my playlist hasn’t completed it’s transfer. Another feedback I have is since migrating to an iPhone XS from a 7, I find that when I’m choosing a playlist that’s the last on the list, I have a hard time selecting that playlist due to the “home bar” blocking it. Lastly, I hope there will be a way to sort playlist either by date created/modified, name, etc.
Nonetheless, the Pro was totally worth the upgrade and I will gladly support these developers. Thanks for an amazing app!
Amazing service and even better team!
What started out as a great but buggy app has grown into so much more. I got this app thinking it would fail to do what I had wanted. This was the first app I found to actually be able to help me keep concurrent music playlist between two different apps. In the beginning it would crash every once in a while so I had rated it four stars before. The team however provide constant updates and support for this app and each new update adds another cool feature and makes it more stable. I now have absolutely no problems when I use this app and couldn’t possibly recommend this more. SongShift is amazing and I’m glad I found it!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the great feedback. We're glad you're enjoying SongShift.
Always wants the iTunes Store login
I just got this app and it works, but has several bugs that need fixing ASAP. Their existence tells me software testing is poor or not automated and whomever is doing it does not regression test.
1. The app asks for my login to the iTunes Store every single time I open it. It has been doing it since I did an in-app purchase for Pro.
2. Confirm always requires Ignore Matches. I visually review the songs it cannot match and hit the big Confirm button, but it appears it wants me to interact with every song it cannot match, requiring multiple clicks each. This is poor usability.
3. During one sync hung session I interacted with the one song it could not find and ignored it. The Shift still shows as Requires Attention; well, it does not and neither do the others - it already created the playlists, so Requires is actually Should, and I already acknowledged to continue with the songs it found.
Four bucks for this app really feels like a ripoff. I purchased at the price this the value (to me) is worth the cost. My complain is the app needs to be no more than a dollar until the major bugs and issues are resolved.
Developer Response ,
Hi, we're sorry about the issues you are experiencing with SongShift. We are going to look into these bugs and how we can fix them. Additionally, can you please email us from the app so we can get a little more information regarding the issues you are having.
In-App PurchasesSee All
- SongShift, LLC
- 43.6 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 SongShift, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Pro Upgrade $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.