Sonic the Hedgehog 2 Classic
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
One of the best selling SEGA games of all time - Sonic The Hedgehog 2 is now available for free on mobile! Rediscover SEGA’s super Sonic masterpiece!
Dr. Eggman is back to his old tricks, trying to find the seven Chaos Emeralds that will enable him to complete his ultimate weapon, the Death Egg. Only the triple threat of Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles can defeat him in this remaster from the team behind Sonic Mania!
Sonic The Hedgehog 2 joins the ever-increasing line-up of ‘SEGA Forever’, a treasure trove of free SEGA console classics brought to life on mobile for the first time!
- Twelve Badnik-infested zones to master, from underwater caverns to neon-lit casinos!
- Compete online, take on the Time Attack mode, and the all-new Boss Attack mode!
- Play the secret Hidden Palace Zone stage that didn't make it into the original release!
- Fight Dr. Eggman's creations, including the terrifying Mecha Sonic
- Obtain all the Chaos Emeralds to transform into Super Sonic and Super Knuckles!
MOBILE GAME FEATURES
- PLAY FREE with ad-support or ad-free via In-App Purchase
- SAVE YOUR GAMES – save your progress at any point in the game.
- LEADERBOARDS – compete with the world for high scores
SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 2 TRIVIA
- This is the most complete version of Sonic The Hedgehog 2 to date, complete with widescreen, 60FPS action, and a remastered soundtrack!
- This was the first Sonic game to feature the Spin Dash move
- The Master System version was the first game Tails appeared in, although he wasn’t playable!
- Unlike the Mega Drive/Genesis original, you can now fly as Tails!
SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 2 HISTORY
- The game was originally released worldwide in November 1992
- Original developer: Sonic Team & SEGA Technical Institute
- Designer: Hirokazu Yasuhara
- Lead Composer: Masato Nakamura
- - - - -
Game apps are ad-supported and no in-app purchases are required to progress; ad-free play option available with in-app purchase.
This game may include "Interest Based Ads" (please see http://www.sega.com/mprivacy#3IBADiscolure for more information) and may collect "Precise Location Data" (please see http://www.sega.com/mprivacy#5LocationDataDisclosure for more information).
© SEGA. All rights reserved. SEGA, the SEGA logo, SONIC and SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 2, SEGA Forever and the SEGA Forever logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of SEGA Holdings Co., Ltd. or its affiliates.
What's New in Version 4.0
Sonic The Hedgehog 2 joins the SEGA Forever classic games collection, a treasure trove of free SEGA console classics brought to life on mobile for the first time!
Why update it with Sega Forever when you can keep it the way it is?
I used to enjoy this game a lot, but there is a problem that I just noticed. After this Sega Forever update, soon as I tested the game. While playing on it, I noticed that the jump button feels off. When I keep pressing the jump button, it doesn't really allow me to jump as many times as I want. I tried pressing a little hard on it or increase the sizes of the buttons, but still it doesn't allow me to jump multiple times. I even tried charging the spin dash as powerful as I wanted to go faster, but it still doesn't allow me. Whoever is responsible for this, I hope you read and understand my point.
They Ruined it
First of all, I’m not hating on this game like the other guy said. Heck I bought the game and played it so much that I’ve beat it with Sonic and Tails. (Haven’t been doing it with knuckles much) Ever since Sega Forever update, I had trouble restoring my purchase. Once it did restore, I found out the jump button became VERY unresponsive. This was a huge bother as I was trying out Boss Time Attack, and I used the powered up spin dash a lot to go a lot quicker. Ever since that update, this games been terrible to play because the jump button is what pretty much makes up every attack and movement in the game. Won’t change to 5 stars until the jump button is fixed. I would’ve made the review just 1 Star if it wasn’t for the great level design
The controls don't work correctly
After the most recent update, not only is the character selection screen in a strange position, but also the jump button doesn't work properly. Sonic will only jump one every second while moving, and although the speed will increase when standing still (ironic, isn't it?) he still doesn't jump right after landing back on the ground. The biggest problem, though, is the fact that the spindash doesn't work at all. I've found these bugs within the first few seconds of gameplay, and I hope SEGA fixes it soon, as this is the best version of Sonic 2 in existence.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Nov 21, 2017
- Version: 4.0
- Size: 100 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Sega America
- © SEGA, the SEGA logo, SONIC THE HEDGEHOG and SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 2 are either registered trade marks or trade marks of SEGA Holdings Co., Ltd. or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes
Top In-App Purchases
- Remove non-SEGA Adverts$1.99