Sonic the Hedgehog 2 Classic
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
One of the best selling SEGA games of all time - Sonic The Hedgehog 2 is now available for free on mobile! Rediscover SEGA’s super Sonic masterpiece!
Dr. Eggman is back to his old tricks, trying to find the seven Chaos Emeralds that will enable him to complete his ultimate weapon, the Death Egg. Only the triple threat of Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles can defeat him in this remaster from the team behind Sonic Mania!
Sonic The Hedgehog 2 joins the ever-increasing line-up of ‘SEGA Forever’, a treasure trove of free SEGA console classics brought to life on mobile for the first time!
- Twelve Badnik-infested zones to master, from underwater caverns to neon-lit casinos!
- Compete online, take on the Time Attack mode, and the all-new Boss Attack mode!
- Play the secret Hidden Palace Zone stage that didn't make it into the original release!
- Fight Dr. Eggman's creations, including the terrifying Mecha Sonic
- Obtain all the Chaos Emeralds to transform into Super Sonic and Super Knuckles!
MOBILE GAME FEATURES
- PLAY FREE with ad-support or ad-free via In-App Purchase
- SAVE YOUR GAMES – save your progress at any point in the game.
- LEADERBOARDS – compete with the world for high scores
SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 2 TRIVIA
- This is the most complete version of Sonic The Hedgehog 2 to date, complete with widescreen, 60FPS action, and a remastered soundtrack!
- This was the first Sonic game to feature the Spin Dash move
- The Master System version was the first game Tails appeared in, although he wasn’t playable!
- Unlike the Mega Drive/Genesis original, you can now fly as Tails!
SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 2 HISTORY
- The game was originally released worldwide in November 1992
- Original developer: Sonic Team & SEGA Technical Institute
- Designer: Hirokazu Yasuhara
- Lead Composer: Masato Nakamura
- - - - -
Game apps are ad-supported and no in-app purchases are required to progress; ad-free play option available with in-app purchase.
This game may include "Interest Based Ads" (please see http://www.sega.com/mprivacy#3IBADiscolure for more information) and may collect "Precise Location Data" (please see http://www.sega.com/mprivacy#5LocationDataDisclosure for more information).
© SEGA. All rights reserved. SEGA, the SEGA logo, SONIC and SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 2, SEGA Forever and the SEGA Forever logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of SEGA Holdings Co., Ltd. or its affiliates.
What's New in Version 4.0.1
Bug fixes and refinements
Sega Forever Ruined my Game....
Old review: Listen, I’m not hating on this game. I can honestly say that this is one of the best ports I’ve ever seen or played. Unfortunately , the sega forever update had ruined that for me. The biggest issue I have right now? The jumping. With the new update, the jump button is very unresponsive. I don’t know why, It just is. The jump button is a key component in the sonic games. And without this function working as accurately as they need to be, it makes the game practically unplayable...
Please, do what you can sega. We deserve better then this load of trash!!!
THANK YOU SEGA!!! You finally answered our complaints!!! The jump is fixed!! The original port is back!!! Thank you sega! As promised, here are your 5 stars!!!⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
It feels really nice to have the classic games back with more modes and extras than the originals. There are a couple glitches here and there but to find them, you really have to look for them. They aren’t something you’ll find on your first play through. I also like how you can go back into earlier zones once you’ve completed the game and collect the chaos emeralds there. One last thing I really like is how they kept the secret stage select and debug mode as part of the game. I have one question though... when is S3&K going to be available/released for mobile?
Sega Forever update ruined this amazing classic
I bought this game years ago and it has become one of my favorite games of all time. I have played through this game dozens and dozens of times. My fastest play through of the game is 40 mins(not super impressive but thats without glitching)
Everything was perfect until Sega updated it with adware. I restored my purchase but I still see ads. Even worse is that they also messed up the jumping controls.
I guess it just wasn’t enough for Sega to ruin Sonic’s new games. They also had to go back and ruin his old games. God forbid that you let us have one good Sonic game that I don’t have to buy a Switch or an Xbox for.
Also, why isn’t Sonic Mania available on iOS? It was developed by the same exact guy who ported this game to iPhone. I would gladly pay $20 for that game if it were on the App Store. Does your company hate money?
Please fix my game so that I can jump normally again. I don’t want to see your trashy adds, I just want to go fast.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Dec 06, 2017
- Version: 4.0.1
- Size: 100 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Sega America
- © SEGA, the SEGA logo, SONIC THE HEDGEHOG and SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 2 are either registered trade marks or trade marks of SEGA Holdings Co., Ltd. or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes
Top In-App Purchases
- Remove non-SEGA Adverts$1.99