Sonic The Hedgehog
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Sonic game that started it all is now free-to-play and optimized for mobile devices!
Race at lightning speeds across seven classic zones as Sonic the Hedgehog. Run and spin through loop-de-loops as you collect rings and defeat enemies on your mission to save the world from the evil Dr. Eggman.
Sonic the Hedgehog joins the SEGA Forever Classic Games Collection, a treasure trove of free SEGA console classics brought to life on mobile for the first time!"
- OPTIMIZED FOR MOBILE Sonic The Hedgehog now plays in widescreen at a smooth 60FPS offering unrivalled performance and the game’s legendary soundtrack has been fully re-mastered.
- GOTTA GO FAST - Challenge yourself with an all-new Time Attack mode!
- NEW PLAYABLE CHARACTERS Play as Sonic’s friends Tails and Knuckles for the first time. Use their unique abilities to fly, climb, and glide around levels offering exciting new ways to explore.
- CONTROLLER SUPPORT Sonic The Hedgehog on Android offers exclusive support for the Power A Moga, Nyko, XBOX, and all HID controllers.
- PLAY OFFLINE - premium users can play Sonic anytime offline
SEGA FOREVER FEATURES
- PLAY FREE
- SAVE YOUR GAME PROGRESS AT ANYTIME
- LEADERBOARDS – compete with the world for high scores
- CONTROLLER SUPPORT – fully integrated wireless Bluetooth controller support
- GAMES RELEASED EVERY MONTH - Download them all!
- INCLUDES iOS 10 STICKER PACKS
- "Believe the hype - this is the tidiest, smoothest and most exhilarating game you'll have ever seen." [97%] - Andy Smith, SEGA Power #22 (September 1991)
- “Difficult without being frustrating, addictive without being repetitive, and altogether a joy to play.” [925/1000] - Gary Whitta, ACE #47 (August 1991)
- "One of the best Mega Drive games I've ever played" [92%] - Rich Leadbetter, Mean Machines #10 (July 1991)
- Sonic Jam contained the first release of Sonic The Hedgehog that gave Sonic his spin dash move, which returns again in this remake
- Sonic The Hedgehog was also released in arcades on SEGA's Mega-Tech and Mega Play systems
- Rabbit and armadillo characters were considered for Sonic before settling on a hedgehog design
- While "Eggman" is Dr. Robotnik's nickname in the West, he has always been known as "Eggman" in Japan
CLASSIC GAME FACTS
- First released in the US on June 23rd, 1991
- It took Yuji Naka almost a year to finish designing Green Hill Zone Act 1
- Spring Yard Zone and Scrap Brain Zone were originally called Sparkling Zone and Clock Work Zone
- Music composed by Masato Nakamura of Dreams Come True fame
- - - - -
Game apps are ad-supported and no in-app purchases are required to progress; ad-free play option available with in-app purchase.
© SEGA. All rights reserved. SEGA, the SEGA logo, Sonic the Hedgehog, SEGA Forever, and the SEGA Forever logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of SEGA Holdings Co., Ltd. or its affiliates.
What's New in Version 3.0.4
After gaining all 7 Chaos Emeralds we used their awesome powers to make the game even better!
Fun! But two things...
First off, this game is super fun! I have beaten it and I love it! I've gotten most of the achievements (like get all of the Chaos Emeralds) and recently went for the Time Trial Achievement for getting a time total of 45 minutes or less. My total time for Time Trials is 38 minutes. It notified me that I got the achievement. But went I went to see it in person it says it hasn't been achieved yet. Please fix this!
Also the controls are annoying sometimes. Like I hit jump and one of two things happened: Either I did not jump, but I hit the button , or I'd jump and the button would LITERALLY STICK I HAVE NO IDEA HOW THAT IS POSSIBLE and I couldn't jump and I'd die.
But other than that this game is the best!
Ads resolved. 7 emeralds?
Edit: thank you ada issue has been resolved.
However, are 7 emerald placeholders suppose to show?
So I paid for this app when it was still a paid app, now that it is free I have to pay again to remove ads? I don't think so SEGA. I will be requesting a full refund from iTunes so I can use that to then pay for your new Ad Free I'm not paying twice for something I already paid for.
Fantastic port of a fantastic game, BUT...
There's 2 simple but huge issues that keep me from giving this 5 stars.
1) The ads. The previous version had the ads pretty much perfect, but this update seems to take them from being tolerable to intrusive. I shouldn't ever get hit with an ad for another game the second I open the game I want to play.
2) We were promised controller support. Where is it? I have a controller paired with my iPhone...I just need a game to play that uses it.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Jul 10, 2017
- Version: 3.0.4
- Size: 73.9 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Sega America
- © SEGA, the SEGA logo and SONIC THE HEDGEHOG are either registered trade marks or trade marks of SEGA Holdings Co., Ltd. or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes
Top In-App Purchases
- Remove non-SEGA Adverts$1.99