SonicWall Mobile Connect
By SonicWall Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
SonicWall Mobile Connect™ provides users full network-level access to corporate and academic resources over encrypted SSL VPN connections. The client provides anytime, anywhere access to critical applications such as email, virtual desktop sessions and other macOS applications.
SonicWall Mobile Connect is a free app, but requires a concurrent user license on one of the following SonicWall solutions in order to function properly:
• SonicWall Next-Generation Firewall appliances including the TZ, NSA, and SuperMassive running SonicOS 184.108.40.206 or higher.
• Secure Mobile Access (SMA) 100 Series appliances, formerly called SonicWALL Secure Remote Access (SRA), running 7.5 or higher.
• Secure Mobile Access (SMA) 1000 Series appliances, formerly called E-Class Secure Remote Access (SRA), running 10.7 or higher.
For more information on SonicWall Secure Mobile Access and Next-Generation Firewall solutions, please visit www.sonicwall.com.
What's New in Version 5.0.0
• iOS 11 Compatibility – Mobile Connect has adopted the bold, dynamic new style elements introduced in iOS 11 including large title bars, landscape tab bars and more.
• Network Extension Support – Mobile Connect now leverages Apple’s current VPN framework, called Network Extension, to allow for more reliable VPN connectivity on iOS devices. After upgrading to the 5.0 version, Mobile Connect may need to be re-provisioned, including updating VPN connection configurations and certificates (if applicable).
• Secure Web Bookmarks – Web bookmarks can now be launched within Mobile Connect instead of launching a 3rd party browser, allowing for a seamless and more secure user experience. Secure Web Boomarks also support SSO and require a connection to a VPN server with software that supports the secure web bookmark policy.
• Additional Touch ID Support – Mobile Connect now supports Touch ID for VPN connections to supported SMA 1000 Series servers.
• Global HA Support – Mobile Connect contains updates for the global high availability and disaster recovery capabilities for VPN connections to SMA 1000 Series servers running 12.1 or newer firmware.
See the release notes on the SonicWall web site for more information.
Absolutely awful, killed a great app with this version
MobileConnect has been fantastic for many years, it just worked.
This version is broken beyond belief, the ability to toggle VPN under settings is borked, and more importantly VPN DNS servers are no longer being used. When I attempt a lookup of a split DNS intranet site I’m getting the public IP! Internal server names are now resolving as null.
Really wish I could downgrade to the previous version...
This product works with current IOS Mobil clients and updated firewall software. Sonicwall now has a current configuration guide to get mobile clients configured to the FW
Won’t stay connected
I’m not sure what happened with the latest version of this client but since upgrading, I can’t stay connected on my MacBook or iPhone for more than a second while on WiFi. . The app just goes into an endless loop of connecting/disconnecting. Cellular works and I’ve tested on multiple WiFi routers.
- Category: Business
- Updated: Oct 17, 2017
- Version: 5.0.0
- Size: 28.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: SonicWall Inc.
- © 2017 SonicWall Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.