SonoPad is the first full fledged third party alternative Sonos remote control available for your iPad.
Watch on YouTube: http://youtu.be/QkGSuzPP9dk
Also don't miss my new App "SonoPhone" for iPhone!
Read below about
- a new intuitive and elegant User Interface
- integrated browser for fast information retrieval
- less taps for common tasks
- and current limitions (don't skip them ;) )
or come over to my homepage www.sonopad.com with much more information and screenshots available.
This application is not endorsed by or associated with Sonos, Inc. (which is why it is not free)
◆◆◆ a new intuitiv and elegant user interface ◆◆◆
- SonoPad focusses on the main tasks in its user interface, making it less cluttered and easier to find your way around
- don't hide your covers in a small area, SonoPad give big room to show show your gorgeous covers all the time
- drag and drop zone management
- a classic dark theme for all those who can't stand blue anymore
- volume + progress popups: when changing volume or progress of a song, you get popups telling you the actual values. Stop guessing your desired values today!
- screensaver mode
◆◆◆ integrated browser for fast information retrieval ◆◆◆
- SonoPad knows what you are playing, the web knows even more
- pregenerated links and searches based on your playlist: you are just a tap away from Wikipedia, Lyrics search, Tourdates Search, Last.FM, YouTube, AllMusic, MusicBrainz and many more.
◆◆◆ less taps for common tasks ◆◆◆
SonoPad tries to optimize most often used tasks to have the least taps needed. In the end you are able to navigate and control your players much more fluently.
- Touch To Play: are you sick of always beeing asked what to do when you tap a track or album? SonoPads default is to just start to play. A long press still gives you access to all options - you can also change the tap default on the settings screen. Want to build a playlist fast? Just set the default to 'always add to end' and off you go ...
- tap an album cover image and the whole album starts to play immediately
- aggregated search: search results are collapsed into one view, so you see immediately in what category you have the best results, without switching back and forth
- shortcuts to most used functions: on the bottom bar you have shortcut buttons for artist, albums, radio and musicservices. The Radios menu is rearranged so you are only two taps away from your radio favorites from any place.
- you can control the volume of every player directly from the players popup. No need to switch players anymore.
◆◆◆ Limitations ◆◆◆
- all music services except Last.FM and Amazon Cloud Music are supported
- No portrait mode on the main screen yet.
- No playing of music stored on iPad yet
- No options to set alarms or sleep settings
- No support for discontinued WD100 dock
Use your chance to vote about your next most wanted feature in the following polls:
Please also share your thoughts on my Blog, where I’m able to answer you (AppStore comments cannot be answered). I really care about your ideas, as I want to make SonoPad the best alternative Sonos Controller out there!
◆◆◆ Other stuff ◆◆◆
- you can start SonoPad with the 'sonopad://' URL from other remote Apps. Its also possible to hand over a return URL and a default player to be selected. Read more about it on my blog!
- SonoPad shows artist names when browsing compilations
- Sonos is registered trademark of Sonos, Inc.
- Rescan your (local) Music Library: Under "My Music" there is a new menu entry that lets you trigger a rescan of your music library
- player icons have been updated with new icons for Sonos Beam, Sonos One, Sonos PlayBase, Sonos Play:1
As always: If anything is not working as you expect don't hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Ratings and Reviews
App needs updating badly
Finding your Apple Music is difficult and the interface to do this needs updating. Albums will load into playlists in disorder and not in order of album. Search mechanism needs work. All in all I would not buy again.
Great App; GREATER customer support!!!
NOTE: I wrote this the day before he updated the app. Since it doesn't show up under "current version" reviews, I have reposted. I am very pleased with this app. I find the interface more visually pleasing than the Sonos app. The quick access to Artist info is very nice. The GUI for Zone Managment is very nice, as is volume control.
However, by far the greaest part of my experience has been with support. I had an issue that caused the app to freeze frequently. I wrote the developer, who responded in about 12 hours. I sent him the requested logs, he found the problem, and had an update issued--all of which happened in less than 48 hours from my first email. This is superior service!!!
I was having problems with my Sonos CR200 not finding any on-line music after another upgrade so while looking for an upgrade or fix I ran across SonoPad and gave it a go. I can now access my on-line Music and even have access to my saved favorite stations and my Sonos controller is still not working. I have a ZP-90 connected to some nice AMPs & Tower Speakers as part of my system and SonoPad makes the listening experience more fun as I no longer need my reading glasses to browse Music. For a fist shot this app is very cool and I'd like to see the ability to make changes to the Sonos Equalization and possibly a few more tweaks, but please don't let it get so complicated it becomes another menu intense app.
- Stefan Hansel Solutions UG (haftungsbeschraenkt)
- 8 MB
- Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- English, Danish, Dutch, German
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2012 Stefan Hansel Solutions UG (HB)
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.