Sony Crackle is the place to escape and recharge, with exclusive Sony Crackle Originals, blockbuster movies, and hit TV shows. With our handpicked, constantly updated lineup, it’s easy to discover something new – like binge-worthy Sony Crackle Originals such as The Oath, Snatch, StartUp and SuperMansion. All on-demand, without subscription and completely free.
It’s easy. Just download and start streaming instantly on your iPhone, iPad and Apple TV.
• Stream premium TV shows and movies from a library full of new and iconic hits... constantly updated and always free.
• Watch fresh, binge-worthySony Crackle Originals like Snatch, StartUp, SuperMansion, The Oath and more, featuring stars that include Ron Perlman, Bryan Cranston and Sean Bean.
• Check out our Spotlight Channel and watch ‘This Week On’ for handpicked recommendations from the Sony Crackle team at Sony Pictures Studio in Hollywood.
• Effortlessly search through genres like comedy, drama, action and fandom to find fresh hits and forgotten favorites.
• Set up a free account and log in to pick up where you left off on any device, and fill your watch list with all of your favorite movies and shows.
• Log in for free to see fewer ads in select Sony Crackle programming.
Free yourself from everyday entertainment – download Sony Crackle now.
Please note: This app features Nielsen’s proprietary measurement software which contributes to market research, like Nielsen’s TV Ratings. Please see http://www.nielsen.com/digitalprivacy for more information
We’ve been busy debugging and optimizing playback so you can keep enjoying Crackle!
- Check out our all new player for an even better watching experience
- Bug fixes and overall improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Difficult To Rate
I understand and agree with other reviewers who remind us that the content is provided without cost, so people shouldn’t complain about advertising. But when a movies stops every 5 minutes to run 2 to 3 minutes of ads, the movie becomes unwatchable. I’m fine with the use of ads to subsidize the licensing (?) of content, but the volume of advertising here is seriously excessive. For example, he running time of the 2011 movie Priest is 1hr 27 min, but on Crackle, the advertising increases the time to over 2 hours and 20 minutes, meaning about an hour worth of ads. It’s not a good user experience.
The app itself appears to be working as expected, so functionally I could give it high marks (good streaming, good picture quality, etc). But the frequent ad interruptions diminish the enjoyment of the content, so there’s less reason to use the app at all. 45 minutes in, after roughly 6 commercial interruptions, I decided I’m done, I’m not watching anymore. Sorry Sony.
I've used this for awhile now on my phone and PS3. It works pretty good. I've had a few issues though.
One time I accidentally hit the wrong button on my ps3 remote. It took me out if the movie and I couldn't get back to where I was in the movie (last 10 mins btw). So I figured it'd be easier to watch the very end on my phone. I was wrong. It took me probably 20 mins just to get the video to near the end. It should've done so when I hit continue movie from where I left off. Instead it restarted the movie. Then I got it to the ending, just to hit the last ad.... Several times. Apparently, you can't pass that spot at all. So, I finally had to re watch what I had already seen just to see the ending. This is mostly why I don't watch on my phone.
When searching through movies it often goes back to the top.
It also leaves blank spaces in watchlist when a movie leaves after a month.
There's been times I tried to clear history and it wouldn't do so.
Sometimes it shows the date when movies leave. Other times it doesn't.
As for the ads, I don't see the problem. They're usually every 15 mins with a minute or two of ads. Sometimes just a minute. Sometimes they freeze or very slow which is frustrating. That's really the only time I get annoyed.
Used to love it
Something changed in an update and now it forces closes while your streaming. Only while on tv streaming so it’s annoying having to watch all my crackle on my iPhone. Also, it doesn’t let you go from your phone to your tv simultaneously. You have to start the program over and over and watch the same commercials over and over if it keeps kicking you out. Please fix! I will update my review when you get this fixed
Updated: so it’s not force closing but now the commercials are horrendous!! Seems like every 5 minutes I get commercials. Goin got use Tubi from now on. Crackle has really disappointed me. Will uninstall now.
- Sony Pictures Television
- 88.4 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- English, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Frequent/Intense Realistic Violence
- Frequent/Intense Profanity or Crude Humor
- Frequent/Intense Horror/Fear Themes
- © 2011-2018 Crackle, Inc., a Sony Pictures Entertainment company
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.