Get the most out of your Meridian Sooloos system by using your iPhone™, iPad™ or iPod® Touch as a rich wireless controller. The Sooloos app lets you take full advantage of Meridian's award-winning Sooloos digital media system to store, manage, browse, and play the highest quality audio in multiple zones around your home.
NOTE: This app requires a Sooloos digital media system running version 2.368 or later, however 2.535 or later is recommended. To learn more about Sooloos products, visit the Meridian web site at http://www.meridian-audio.com/
The Sooloos app from Meridian connects to your WiFi network, locates your Sooloos system and connects to it automatically... no configuration is necessary. Once connected, you can browse your music and control all aspects of playback in all your system's zones.
Sooloos offers you many ways to explore your music collection: browse by artist, genre, release date, import date, or using tags you create yourself. Control how you listen to your playlists using shuffle, loop, and the unique Swim mode, which uses your preferences to select music for you.
Quick search allows you to enter text using the on-screen keyboard, and displays album and track results as you type.
Play different music in each room of your home, or link zones to play the same music in multiple rooms. Use transport and seek to control playback in each of your zones independently. Control the volume of the outputs of your Sooloos system, or even your Meridian processor or DSP loudspeakers directly.
Create or load playlists, then edit and save them right from your iPhone™, iPad™ or iPod® Touch.
Using the built in Focus feature, you can create custom tailored music collections -- like "Hard Rock from the 1970's", "Top-rated Post-Bop Jazz", or "Most-played albums featuring Yo-Yo Ma" -- and recall them at a touch from the Sooloos app.
FEATURES on iPhone™ and iPod® Touch:
- WiFi auto-discovery
- Transport control
- Volume and mute controls
- View full-screen cover art for current track
- Control multiple zone playback
- Browse by artist, genre, release date, import date, tags
- Shuffle, Loop, and Seek
- Swim chooses music for you
- Quick Search using on-screen keyboard
- Create, Load, Edit, and Save playlists
- Browse Focuses created on your Sooloos system
- Switch sources in Meridian Integrated Zones, and power up/down the Zone.
ADDITIONAL FEATURES on iPad™:
- Graphical browser featuring album cover-art with the ability to focus on albums and view their metadata
- Select and Edit mode allowing editing of tags, genres and the creation of album sets
- Internet radio channel browser
- Transfer play queues between zones
- Manage streaming accounts
- Display notification messages from the Sooloos Core.
* Adding “MQA” as a focus option to: Focus -> Album Info -> Quality.
* Re-design of the Zone-Linking Interface to match that of the Touch:PC and Control 15.
* The ability to add and manage streaming accounts, such as TIDAL, from within the app and display notification / messages from the Sooloos Core.
* The ability to switch sources in Meridian Integrated Zones.
* Ability to power down and power up a Meridian Integrated Zone.
Ratings and Reviews
Almost where the Control 15/Touch PC interface is
There is a difference in sorting by artist where the iPad app is top to bottom and the Control 15 is left to right. Other than that it is terrific!
I've been waiting and waiting for this app, and finally it's here. I replaced my high-end whole-house system at home with Sooloos, and the only thing missing was this app. And as soon as they add zone linking to the app, it will be perfect (not to say other features can't be added...).
Full disclosure: I am a dealer of Meridian (Audio High in California), but we sell all major music servers, and this is the best in my honest opinion, which is why I use it myself. I love the new release.
The current version for iPad 0-Stars
Just what is wrong with the developers? The prior version of this app for the iPad, though not perfect was far better than this enlarged version of the phone app.
We spent a lot of money on the hardware, why not reward us with an awesome app? After all, did Meridian not tease us with its promise of a great interface? This app is a far cry from a great interface!
Let's try a bit to produce a quality app and put back in the album art!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.