As an apprentice sorcerer, you should never steal your master's identity. But what if that's the only way to save the kingdom?
"Sorcery Is for Saps" is a 200,000-word interactive fantasy novel by Hilari Bell and Anna-Maria Crum, where your choices control the story. It's entirely text-based—without graphics or sound effects—and fueled by the vast, unstoppable power of your imagination.
Will your powers save the cursed king--or will you turn traitor and seize the throne yourself? You can probably break a simple kindness curse, but there are dark forces at work and you may be in over your head before you can say “Abracadabra.”
Throw in your lot with scheming councilors, the attractive heir, or even go to work for the invaders. But whether you choose to save the king or your own neck, one thing is clear—this is your big chance!
Magic, power, or true love—which will you choose? In "Sorcery Is for Saps," you'll find it's easier than waving a wand.
• Be a hero or turn traitor, seduced by a sexy spy.
• Play as male or female, gay, straight, or bi.
• Steal a rival wizard's inventions.
• Fight the maniacal, mechanical, magical monkey.
• Power up for politics, succeed at sorcery, or just get really, really rich.
• Trade barbs with your snarky familiar. Or will you kow-tow to a sarcastic ferret?
• End up as a sorcerer, a royal councilor, a villain, or a mouse. (Literally. You can be turned into a mouse.)
Added support for iPhone X. If you enjoy playing "Sorcery Is for Saps," please leave us a written review. It really helps!
Ratings and Reviews
I thought this game was very fun, but a little pricey. $6 is a lot, and Choice of Games should lower the price. But if you love fantasy, the money is definitely worth it. The story line is incredibly enjoyable, and I’m actually playing it for the 5th time and still getting different results. One thing I didn’t like (this will be a spoiler so don’t read on if you haven’t finished the game) was that you couldn’t have a romantic relationship with Lyle/Lily. In the end, he/she always refuses you. I really liked Lyle/Lily and I wish you could end up with her/him. I wish you could end up with Camille too. It’d be cool to see what happened if you chose the “dark one” in the love square. As much as I’m criticizing this game, I did love it and I will recommend it to my friends.
Really fun, awesome story
Even if you’re not into sorcery or stories like that, this app makes it fun and interesting. Highly recommend if you’re looking for a great story to fill your time with.
Oh My Goodness
I started playing through this in my free time, but I was quickly sucked in. This is a marvelous read!
- Choice of Games LLC
- 24.5 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2016 Hilari Bell & Anna-Maria Crum
- In-App Purchases
- Rest of the Game $5.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.