By Rockwell Schrock
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
SOTA Goat is the all-in-one summit database and spotting application for participants of the Summits On The Air program.
It was designed from the ground up as an invaluable tool for summit activators – as necessary as your transceiver and power supply! SOTA Goat provides all the requisite tools to make planning and completing your activation as painless as possible.
Mountain Goats and Shack Sloths alike will appreciate the comprehensive summit database and search features, as well as the ability to view and share summit activations and signal reports.
It is a universal app that is available for all devices that support iOS 8, including iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad.
- The entire SOTA database is available offline. See activation points, altitude, location, grid square, and more!
- Filter summits by name, association, or distance to your current location. Searching is done offline and is very fast.
- Going on a trip? Use the map to see which summits are near your destination and star them for later.
- Download updates to the summit database so you have the latest information for new associations and summit activations.
- Export summits to KML and GPX files for use in other applications or GPS devices.
SOTAWATCH SPOTS AND ALERTS:
- Register for Push Notifications to be alerted of spots even when the app is not running. Filter by emission mode and time of day.
- SOTA spots and alerts are pulled from SOTAwatch.org and are presented in a native device interface that is fast and cross-indexed with the offline summit database.
- View complete activation details, including callsign, frequency, mode, and comments.
- Add new spots and alerts from right inside the app! Easily self-spot while you're out on the mountain.
- Timestamps can be displayed in UTC or local time. Display altitudes and distances in either metric or imperial units.
With the help of SOTA Goat, you're on your way to become a Shack Sloth or a Mountain Goat in no time!
What's New in Version 1.3.0
- Added setting to automatically fill out new spots and alerts with a specified callsign
- Added option to delete spots and alerts you've created!
- Improved UI
- Fixed problem where spots and alerts would not post
Indispensable for chasers or activators
This is my most used app some days, just monitoring the upcoming alerts and planning when to head over to the shack and do some chasing. Thanks!
Latest version has issues
Latest version works fine on my iPhone but on my iPad, with the same iOS version, it will not log into SOTAWatch. App crashes if I try to enter creds. Great app when it works though.
Great program and the only SOTA program for iOS. However, it no longer supports push notifications which is a great loss.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Jan 22, 2016
- Version: 1.3.0
- Size: 13.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Rockwell Schrock
- © 2016 Rockwell Schrock
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.