Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Welcome to Sotheby’s catalogue app designed exclusively for your iPad. Explore the most diverse and exciting art currently at auction, from Contemporary Art to Old Master Paintings. Browse rare watches, jewellery, ceramics, books and furniture in interactive layouts – watch videos, zoom in on artwork, spin sculpture and access articles, interviews and in-depth essays.
Access all these catalogues by downloading this complimentary app and receive instant updates when new catalogues are available in the storefront.
• Quick Browse – preview upcoming and past auctions in Quick Browse
• Multiple Languages – explore Sotheby’s catalogues in English, Traditional Chinese, or Simplified Chinese
• 360° Spins - examine the art from every angle
• Video – learn more about key pieces as Sotheby’s specialists provide commentary on important works
• Note-taking – annotate pieces of interest and share via email
• Enhanced search – find artwork by artist, title or medium
• Dynamic Price Updates – track results when live updates pull in hammer prices during the auction
Additional catalogue features include:
• Interactive covers and Table of Contents
• Pinch-and-zoom images of highlighted lots
• Complete catalogue information—literature, provenance and exhibition history
• Exclusive essays
• Related articles from our magazine, Sotheby’s at Auction
A worldwide leader in the auction world since 1744, Sotheby’s reaches every point of the global art market. With 90 locations in 40 countries, we conduct approximately 250 auctions each year and handle works in over 70 collecting categories.
Email questions to email@example.com or call New York +1 212 606 7000,
London +44 (0) 20 7293 5000 or Hong Kong + 852 2822 8142.
What's New in Version 1.12
Sotheby's Edu Sales App
While I am not personally a Sotheby's customer, I have been around Sotheby's catalogs most of my life, and now find I'm in a business that communicates with and does business with Sotheby's frequently.
Therefore, the Sotheby's catalog app brings to me a multi-faceted experience where I can learn more about those areas I'm engaged in, and be exposed to those areas totally new to me. Plus it gives me ideas for how I can enhance my own arts business.
I also love how some of the app catalogs are artful presentations of artists and their lives, and others focus solely on the artifacts.
Thanks, Sotheby's, for continuing to improve one of the best arts communications tools on the planet: the Sotheby's catalog.
Freezes during login
This app freezes during the registration process, so I registered on their website. Now it freezes during login. Please fix!