Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Welcome to Sotheby’s catalogue app designed exclusively for your iPad. Explore the most diverse and exciting art currently at auction, from Contemporary Art to Old Master Paintings. Browse rare watches, jewellery, ceramics, books and furniture in interactive layouts – watch videos, zoom in on artwork, spin sculpture and access articles, interviews and in-depth essays.
Access all these catalogues by downloading this complimentary app and receive instant updates when new catalogues are available in the storefront.
• Quick Browse – preview upcoming and past auctions in Quick Browse
• Multiple Languages – explore Sotheby’s catalogues in English, Traditional Chinese, or Simplified Chinese
• 360° Spins - examine the art from every angle
• Video – learn more about key pieces as Sotheby’s specialists provide commentary on important works
• Note-taking – annotate pieces of interest and share via email
• Enhanced search – find artwork by artist, title or medium
• Dynamic Price Updates – track results when live updates pull in hammer prices during the auction
Additional catalogue features include:
• Interactive covers and Table of Contents
• Pinch-and-zoom images of highlighted lots
• Complete catalogue information—literature, provenance and exhibition history
• Exclusive essays
• Related articles from our magazine, Sotheby’s at Auction
A worldwide leader in the auction world since 1744, Sotheby’s reaches every point of the global art market. With 90 locations in 40 countries, we conduct approximately 250 auctions each year and handle works in over 70 collecting categories.
Email questions to email@example.com or call New York +1 212 606 7000,
London +44 (0) 20 7293 5000 or Hong Kong + 852 2822 8142.
What's New in Version 3.5
Optimization for iOS8
S-L-O-W doesn't begin to describe it
Never has it taken so long to download anything as it takes to download the catalogues. And, the process isn't terribly clear. I wouldn't call this the most intuitive app I've run across. Actually, it's fairly awful. There! I've said it. But....the end result is a lovely catalogue so....but it would help if Sotheby's spent some serious thoughts to revamping(?), improving the app.
Registration Doesn't Work
It's bad enough I have to register to use this app, especially when I can view the catalogs on a desktop machine without that inconvenience. But then, the registration system doesn't work, so I'm not sure what the point of this app is for Sotheby's except to annoy clients.
Now freezing my iPad
Dialog opens "connect to iTunes ..........." Freezes and requires reboot to escape the app. Do over.
- Category: Books
- Updated: Oct 28, 2014
- Version: 3.5
- Size: 5.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Sotheby's
- © 2014 Sotheby's
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.