Soulver - the notepad calculator
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Soulver is the ultimate app for doing quick calculations and figuring stuff out on the iPhone & iPad. It's a far more elegant way to work with numbers than a traditional calculator.
With Soulver, you write out your entire problem and you see your answer as you type. If you make a mistake, you don't have to start again, you can edit your expression like in a text editor.
You can do calculations over multiple lines, and change any of them. You can use words alongside your numbers so they make sense which it's great for comparing different scenarios.
Soulver is great for adding things up, and doing quick percentages. Soulver will also save your work for you when you're done, and sync it using iCloud or Dropbox.
Once you try Soulver, you'll never want to go back to a simulated physical calculator.
- Instant calculations as you type.
- See & edit multiple lines of calculations, not just the last number typed in.
- Use words alongside your numbers so they make sense.
- See a running total of all your lines.
- A keyboard with big buttons, designed for quick math.
- Do currency & other unit conversions.
- Easy percentages like $49.95-20%, or $55 as a % of $350
- Set up relationships between lines like in a spreadsheet using line references.
- All the standard math functions
- Save your calculations & have them synced with Dropbox or iCloud.
- Send out beautifully formatted HTML emails of your calculations work.
What's New in Version 2.4.0
*** New universal version - on sale for a limited time ! ***
- Soulver is now universal (for both iPad & iPhone)
- iPad version redesigned for iOS 7.
- Added a text size setting to make text bigger or smaller than the system default.
- Added Chinese (simplified) localisation
- Updated Dropbox Syncing support
- VoiceOver improvements
- Numerous minor bug fixes
Best Calculator; Worst Icon
This is still the best all-around calculator for iOS. The combination of natural language and equation-ese strikes the perfect balance for geeks and occasional users. It’s my primary calculator for the iPhone, and now that it’s universal, my iPad as well. That it shares and syncs files with the desktop version is extra gravy!
But what the heck were they thinking with this icon? I’m not even sure what it’s supposed to be, but it’s really off-putting. Plus it’s inefficient. When I look for a calculator, I want to see something that says, “I am your calculator” not, “I am a random squiggle on a pat of butter.” As it is, I have to pause and think just to be sure I have the right app.
Seriously, Acqualia, change it back to something more “calc-y.” Half-star off for the bad icon.
Happy the iPad has an updated version again
I love this app and have been using across Mac and iPhone for a while now ever since the iPhone version got iCloud support. The iPad version felt neglected there for a while, but now it's universal!
I generally use Soulver for personal budgeting month to month. But I've been most happily surprised when I've needed to make strange calculations like estimating the cubic inches and liters of my existing backpack so I could compare it to a new travel pack I was considering.
Replaces Numbers for many tasks
This is a fantastic app that replaces Numbers when I just need to make some quick calculations, but want to make notations for each line item.
I use calculators a lot as part of my work, and this has been a wonderful time (and frustration) saver.
And I like the icon, please keep it!
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Dec 12, 2013
- Version: 2.4.0
- Size: 10.4 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Danish, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Acqualia Software
- © 2013, Acqualia Software
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.