Soulver - the notepad calculator
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Soulver is a revolutionary calculator replacement app. Its powerful UI lets you do calculations over multiple lines, and use can also use words alongside numbers, so that they make sense.
Soulver is great for back-of-the-envelope calculations, currency conversions while travelling, working out percentages, calculations involving changing variables, and much more.
Soulver supports Dropbox & iCloud syncing, and is also available for macOS.
WHY IS SOULVER BETTER THAN A STANDARD CALCULATOR?
- Instant answers as you type (no need to use equals!).
- Spread your calculations over multiple lines (so your brain doesn't explode).
- Reference previous answers in your current line (kind of like a mini-spreadsheet).
- Annotate numbers with inline labels (you'll thank yourself later when you read them back!).
- Do percentage calculations using natural phrases "15% off $350" (has support for 9 different percentage phrases).
- Supports over 150 currencies (including Bitcoin), and has a specially designed currency keyboard for quick conversions.
- Custom variables across all your documents, and a special keyboard for quick access to them.
- All standard math and programming functions, also available on specially designed keyboards.
What's New in Version 2.5.4
- Added a setting to change the font.
- Tapping the purple 'add variable' button now shows the variable editor immediately.
- An "of" is now automatically inserted when tapping a line reference after a "%".
- Fixed an issue where the keyboard could be partially off screen when launched on an iPhone 6 plus sized device in landscape.
- Fixed a crash that happened when holding down on the 'Add variable' button.
- Fixed a jumpy animation when moving variables around, on the variables keyboard.
- Fixed a couple of minor bugs with the currency keyboard.
- Some improvements to Soulver's math engine.
Just what I needed!
THIS IS JUST THE THING IVE BEEN DREAMING OF! It's the kind of app that should be one of those "Editors' Picks".
I need to make totals of installations of product in different zones, and doing a simple final count is easy to lose track, when moving from one area to another. Using a simple clicker-counter doesn't allow for finding discrepancies easily when duplicate counts don't match.
I've gone back and forth between taking notes in the iOS Notes app, and then calculating the line totals in the default calculator app, and alternatively, trying to set up a simple spreadsheet in Numbers for iOS.
Using Notes + the default Calculator just doesn't do it.
Trying to use Numbers on an iPhone will give you grey hair.
This is like a hybrid of a Notes app and a Calculator app. It has the simplicity of a notes app, but cuts out all the double entry of adding into a calculator app.
*** Hat-tip to John Moltz for mentioning this app on "The Rebound" podcast.
I was surprised it didn't support split view on iPad. But it looks like there was a bug, assuming it will be fixed.
The app itself is awesome, and I love that there are iPhone and Mac versions of it.
This is one of those apps I have open on my Mac all the time and have it assigned to a hot key to bring it forward immediately.
This app is the best calculator. I've been using it for years.
Would be great if it was possible to use it as default from control center.
Would be nice too if they changed for the previous icon. This one is ugly and look like anything but an calculator.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jul 10, 2016
- Version: 2.5.4
- Size: 12.7 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Danish, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Acqualia Software
- © 2017, Acqualia Software
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.