Sound Blaster Central
By Creative Technology Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Sound Blaster Central gives you simplified support for product setup and usage with Creative Sound Blaster Bluetooth devices that incorporate the multi-core SB-Axx1 audio chipset. It adds unprecedented audio controls and enhancements right from the palm of your hand!
- Sound Blaster Central grants you mobile access to a full suite of advanced features that improves your music, movies, gaming and communication experience. E.g. Increase movie dialog levels for added clarity, or soften explosions so you won’t wake the family, removes ambient and acoustic noise for clearer communication, and much more!
Built-in Music Playback
- Play your favorite songs without having to switch to another app. When used with your Sound Blaster Bluetooth device incorporating the multi-core SB-Axx1 audio chipset, you can enhance your music experience within the same playback screen.
- Wake up to MP3 music or preset alarm tones with snooze function.
- Step-by-step videos teach you how to connect your smart device wirelessly to Creative Sound Blaster Bluetooth devices.
- Help you explore and take advantage of the many features of Creative Sound Blaster Bluetooth devices.
Note: Some features mentioned are product specific, refer to its user manual for details.
What's New in Version 1.05.26
Sound Blaster Central (E5)
-Added option to enable/disable Headphone Surround processing in Line/Optical Out (requires 20151105 firmware or newer)
Ah, thank goodness!
First of all, the only reason my iPad has stayed in iOS8 was because I lost the ability to have this app connect to my Creative E5. Well, I installed the driver software on my PC, did a FIRMWARE update on the E5 using the pull down menu in the top-right corner (down-pointing triangle), and now YAY I can tweak EQ and load profiles with my phone again!
To be clear, the E5 still connected (automatically) with Bluetooth to my phone and would play audio, just couldn't be accessed by the mobile app on iOS9.
I like the ability to connect the E5 to my PS4 via optical and USB, then use my phone to mix optical (game) volume and USB (chat) volume on the fly. Or EQ up the bass, tame treble spikes, etc. I'm also kind of impressed that my Apple Music that I downloaded but didn't separately buy was still able to play through Sound Blaster Central... For some reason a lot of other apps won't do that. I don't have a need to use Central's music player, but it does work.
The Bluetooth settings are still slow to adjust... not sure why, but I can deal with it.
Does not work with X G5 even though it's a SB AXX1 device
Does not work with X G5 even though it's a SB AXX1 device. Got this hoping to add a sweet DAC to my new iPhone 7. Sadly this app does not recognize the Soundblaster X G5.
Also, the app looks like it was last updated in 2010 when the iPhone 4 came out or something. Does not use auto layout or size classes, clearly. Maybe with the iPhone 7 increasing demand for external DACs, SB will be arsked to hire a new iOS developer.
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Mar 11, 2016
- Version: 1.05.26
- Size: 47.4 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Creative Technology Ltd
- © Copyright (c) Creative Technology Ltd.,2012
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.