Available in 35 languages worldwide!
*** For monthly/yearly subscriptions - get "Sound Touch Lite" in the App Store **
Award winning preschool app with 400+ flashcards.
Featured by Apple as “New and Noteworthy”.
Over 8.5 million downloads! Join the fun! Your kids are going to love it!
** This is the original "Sound Touch" since 2009 **
=== WHAT IS Sound Touch? ===
Trumpets, Harmonicas, Trains, Boats, Horses, Sheep, Cats, whatever sounds inspire your child, Sound Touch has it!
This delightful learning app allows children to choose from an extensive list of sounds lovingly presented in cartoon images for easy recognition.
If they like birds, just tap the whimsical icon of the birds and a hi-resolution photograph will appear accompanied by a crystal clear recording of their sound choice.
** POPULAR FEATURE ** Each sound has five different versions to see and listen to. So, if your child selects the dog, sees and listens to a dog, and then taps it again, a different dog picture & sound plays accompanied by a different dog image to enjoy. Children find it absolutely irresistible!
Every parent wants his or her children to enjoy learning. Sound Touch delivers the kind of fun, engaging, learning that parents have been looking for, and that kids can’t put down.
=== Sound Touch REVIEWS ===
· "Perfection - 5 stars aren't enough!"
· "As a pediatric speech pathologist, this app is the BEST I have found. It's the one that NEVER fails to interest my kiddos.”
· "This is a fantastic concept, the photos are great, as is the sound quality of the recordings. It would take a while for little ones to get tired of this game!"
---TheiPhoneAppReview: 10 stars out of 10
=== Sound Touch FEATURES ===
• Fun and engaging learning.
• Super simple!
• A huge selection!
• Over 400 pictures & sounds of Animals, Vehicles and Musical Instruments. (144 free)
• Brilliant photographs and graphics.
• Top quality sound recordings.
• Includes numerous classical musical pieces.
• Available in 35 languages!
Don’t just settle for a mindless video game or cartoon, let your kids learn while they’re having fun with Sound Touch!
=== Sound Touch LANGUAGES ===
Current supported languages are: English, British English, Australian English, Spanish, Latin Spanish, German, French, Canadian French, Dutch, Norwegian, Swedish, Danish, Finnish, Russian, Italian, Portuguese, Brazilian Portuguese, Catalan, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Afrikaans, Polish, Hungarian, Greek, Czech, Croatian, Slovenian, Filipino, Farsi, Turkish, Hindi, Arabic and Hebrew.
=== HOW Sound Touch WORKS ===
• Choose from the category silhouettes across the bottom.
• Tap one of the twelve cartoon icons.
• See the brilliant photograph with the clear sound.
• Tap the same icon to hear a different sound from that same selection.
• Choose a different category silhouette for a new grid of choices.
Feel free to drop us a line! We’re always listening to your suggestions to improve Sound Touch! If you have any issues with the app, just contact us and we will help you!
=== Check out our other apps: ===
· Video Touch
· Music Color
· Sound Touch 2
· The Strawberry Garden
• New piano.
• Bug fixes.
• A few pictures were replaced in the household category.
• Beethoven's 5th Symphony was added to the Musical Instruments category.
• A few pictures in the app were replaced.
Ratings and Reviews
Not just for babies!
My 8 years old son is autistic and nonverbal - he LOVES these Sound Touch apps! We’ve had them on his iPad for years, and he still plays with them regularly. It was simple for him to learn to control - literally with a touch. The repetition of the words paired with pictures is great vocabulary practice for receptive language. Also, having 5 different pictures with the same name helps him generalize things within a category (ex. dogs can be different sizes, shapes, and colors and still be “dogs”). It has helped desensitize him to sounds that used to upset him, like police sirens, elephant trumpeting, and rooster crowing. I have recommended all the Sound Touch apps to therapists and teachers and told them to share with other parents of children with special needs. (And I always show them how to turn on the voiceover in “settings”😉.) Great app...and not just for babies!!
Edit: thanks to the developer response I finally now can see the names of the animals. I should have checked the settings oops :)
My son loves this app and now I will be able to tell him the different bird names, etc. Thanks for the info!
Developer Response ,
All the items are already named :) To activate the voice-over please go to your device "Settings" and scroll until you reach "Sound Touch". Thanks
I have loved this app for a long time!!! I am a Speech-Language Pathologist and I use it for reinforcement, categories, describing, verbs, etc. Thank you!!! The video and sound are great! Good variety and choice of categories and examples.
- SoundTouch Interactive LTD
- 678 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Sound Touch Interactive
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.