SoundCaster is the foundation of the Audiofusion™ Wireless Personal Monitoring System. When used with Audiofusion™ Performer – our free app for iPhone or iPad – it creates a wireless in-ear-monitoring and mixing system giving musicians control of what they hear so that they can perform their best.
SoundCaster automatically recognizes any connected digital audio source so that you can choose which channels to include in the mix. It then broadcasts them real-time over Wi-Fi to each connected Performer so that every musician can customize the mix that they hear.
- MacBook Pro with macOS 10.12 or newer and one Ethernet port or dongle
- Wi-Fi router: 802.11ac or better with one or more Ethernet LAN ports
- iPhone 6 or newer or iPad Gen 4 or newer with iOS 10 or later
- Connected to a digital audio source such as a digital mixer or audio interface
For best results:
- Connect the MacBook Pro to AC power to avoid CPU throttling
- Use auto-configure or manually configure the Wi-Fi router to select the clearest 5GHz channel
- Dedicate the router: do not connect the Wi-Fi router to the Internet or any other network
- Connect the MacBook Pro to the Wi-Fi router via Ethernet, not Wi-Fi
- Turn off Wi-Fi on the MacBook Pro
- Set the MacBook Pro networking settings to configure automatically: System Preferences->Network->Select Ethernet interface (or Thunderbolt, etc.) ->Advanced->Hardware->Configure: Automatically
- Turn off iCloud services on all iPhones and iPads
- Turn off Location Services on all iPhones and iPads
- Put all iPhones and iPads in airplane mode then re-activate Wi-Fi only
Fixes an issue where no audio played when the input device (mixer, etc.) was connected after SoundCaster was started.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.