Soundcraft ViSi Remote
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Soundcraft ViSi Remote 2.1 is an iOS application that allows remote control of Soundcraft Vi*, Si Compact, Si Performer and Si Expression mixing consoles wirelessly from your iPad device using no additional hardware other than a wireless access router connected to the Harman HiQnet® Ethernet port of the console.
With ViSi Remote you are free to roam your venue and adjust mixes and other audio parameters directly from the iPad!
With 2.1 comes full channel and bus metering, including noise gate and compressor graphs, as well as the previous 2.0 additions: of the channel strip settings. This functionality will be added to Vi consoles in a future update.
• Optimise the front of house mix from anywhere in the room
• Set mic gains and 48V from the stage
• Adjust monitor levels while standing next to the artist
• Adjust channel strip settings remote from the console
• Use to extend the fader count of an existing control surface
• Use in standalone mode for familiarisation with console functions
• Control a network of consoles (e.g. FOH and Monitor)
• Provide a separate surface for DMX functionality (Si Performer only)
• Allow multiple users on the same console to control their own mixes
• Have a global metering overview or “meter bridge” as an extension of the console
ViSi Remote 2.1 Console Software Requirements:
(Latest software available on the Soundcraft website)
Si Performer 1.6 build
Si Expression 1.6 build
Si Compact 3.0 build
Vi Series* 4.6 or higher
Note: The Latest software listed above is needed in order to access the ACS settings of the console. Older software versions would result in no added control benefit from ViSi 1.2.4.
*Vi series consoles will work with ViSi V2.1 but have the same functionality as V1.2.4. Connection reliability has improved in ViSi 2.1 however there are no other new features for Vi Users.
ViSi Remote 2.1 iOS Compatibility:
iOS 6 or higher
Note: iPad 1 devices are not compatible with iOS 6 and cannot use the ViSi 2.1 Remote App. ViSi 1.2.4 is still available for iPad 1 users wishing to use the ViSi Remote App.
• Channel naming
• Input faders and mutes
• Bus, master LR and VCA master faders and mutes
• Mic Gain and 48V
• ACS Settings include:
- Channel EQ with grabable parametric EQ curve
- Gate and Compression settings
- Output Delay
- LR and Mono routing
- Phase Invert
• Graphic EQs on all bus outs
• Channel contributions to each Aux Mix
• Channel contributions to each FX bus
• Mix contributions to each matrix bus
• DMX Masters (Si Performer Only)
What's New in Version 2.1.4
• Gain and 48V control
• Channel/Bus Metering
• Gate & Compressor Graphs
• Meters Page with Fader Jump
* Requires Si Expression 1.6, Si Compact 3.1, Si Performer 1.6 or higher
Needs a lot of work
I’ve used the Mackie DL1608 and the software on that is FAR better. The ViSi remote allows no access to mute groups, tap tempo, FX editing. It also only allows you to swipe 8 channels at a time. If I want to see channels 3-10 at once, no luck.
Also, on the main screen, it won’t show me what the EQ curve is for each channel. On the Mackie, where the icon is above the fader, it shows me the EQ curve. No such luck here.
There are some nice features, like being able to change input gain from the iPad and having some nice visuals on compression, but this app has a long way to go before it’s useful for running an entire show from it. You still definitely need access to the board itself, even once everything has been set during sound check.
Won't even launch
I have a non-jailbroken, up-to-date iOS, iPad 3 and this app won't launch, even after shutting completely off and on, killing all multitasking, deleting and reinstalling; nothing helps. I'm considering buying an expression 3 but this app needs to work. The competition is about to get my business.
Update: finally got it to launch just by installing and deleting several times. Now that it's open, there is no way to demo the app; you have to select a device, which is hard cause I don't have one yet. Even though the description says, "Use in standalone mode for familiarization with console functions." I guess this isn't a selling tool for them.
Good app... Some way to go
I like setting the iPad on the console to keep my VCA control open. To link to the console, though, I have to hit the 'add' button on the app, pick the console and key in the HiQnet number each time... that's aggravating. I wish you could save a profile! Also, the shelf for the iPad is portrait, but the app is landscape only, small thing, but still. Other that that, it adds functionality to a great board. And I recommend the app... The price is right.