By Paul Green
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Sound your best with Professional Live Track Playback for the iPhone
Playback your audio tracks at the touch of a button. Great for musicians, bands, traveling singers, live audio engineers and even radio and television production work.
- Instantly play back audio files with the press of a button
- Playback stops after the track is finished, waiting on your next cue
- Pressing a new playback button immediately stops the current song and begins playing the new track
- Easily manage two banks of 12 songs for easy organization and fast access
- Find your songs fast with an intuitive song library browser
- Control playback with stop, pause/play buttons and custom fade times
- Jump to any point in a song using the play bar
- Monitor your song with count-up and count-down timers
*Supports DRM-free iPod files and iTunes File Sharing (including .wav files)
Have questions or comments about SoundCue Lite? Email us at email@example.com
We would love to know how SoundCue Lite is working for you and what we can do to make it better.
What's New in Version 1.2.1
****FIXED BUG: Fixed a major issue preventing iPod playback****
We needed a way to play a series of sounds during a live radio show and this worked great. It can hold 24 sounds at a time. However you cant archive sounds you can only replace the ones you have. It was a bit of a hassle to get sounds into the app using itunes but once you figure it out and get sounds into the app it works great. There is a fadeout button that lets you fadeout whatever sound is playing. The sound will fade to silence in about a long second. Very simple which is good. Note if using with iphone like i am be sure to put your phone in airplane mode to avoid unintentional interruptions. This was the only app i could find that fit our need for a simple sound player activated by buttons that are automatically labelled with the name of the file. Giving 4 stars instead of 5 because of difficulty loading files and no way to save more than one set of sounds. Simple and relatively inexpensive. Recommended.
Great app, but be sure to...
I am an Audio/Visual tech for a fairly large township that claims to have no money in its budget for proper music playback equipment. So for the graduation ceremonies, seasonal shows, and other events at which I need to cue music and sound effects, I splurged and bought this app for myself.
So far, it's working very well. However, if you choose to use this for any kind of live music cueing work, remember two things:
1. Always put your phone in Airplane Mode so that incoming calls do not shut the program down in the middle of a show!
2. It's a good idea to completely shut the app down every time you use it. Whenever I skip this step, I open up, tap a trigger button, and nothing happens. When you're done using it for a session, close it as you normally would, then tap the button at the bottom of your screen twice to bring up a list of all running programs. Hold your finger down on the first one until they all start jiggling around, then tap each one until all have disappeared. You will know that SoundCue Lite is starting from scratch when you see the "splash screen" open up before all the grey boxes appear.
It's always frustrating when you pay for an app only to find out it isn't what is described in the description. It appears the creator of the app just copied and pasted features from the more robust iPad version into the app description for the iPhone. Custom fades do not exist. The fade time is probably 1 second (hardly better than a hard out).
I like the premise of the touch pads to launch tracks... It can work for some needs that I have. Unfortunately, the task I downloaded the app for it can't perform (despite a description to the contrary).
Too bad. Another $5 lost.