SoundHound - Music Discovery
By SoundHound, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Music Discovery, Identification, & Voice-Controlled player
300M+ downloads, billions of songs discovered.
Hey, what song is that? SoundHound 8 makes it simple to discover music playing around you. Whether you’re in the car or out and about, open the app, hit the big orange SoundHound button, let your phone listen for a few seconds, and we’ll tell you exactly what’s playing! Some folks have called it pure magic, and we tend to agree.
SoundHound comes equipped with “OK Hound…”, an incredibly powerful way to interact with SoundHound through your voice. “OK Hound…” can help you navigate the app, discover new music and playback songs hands-free. Simply say ‘OK Hound...’ from any screen and say a command!
Discovering new music is only half the fun of SoundHound. We’re music lovers too, so we’ve created an incredible experience for you to relive your discoveries with our music player. Connect your Apple Music or Spotify accounts to listen again, build playlists, explore music across genres, and find new favorites - all with real-time, karaoke-style lyrics through LiveLyrics®. Don’t have an Apple Music or Spotify subscription? No sweat, we have you covered with our free, built-in YouTube player.
This is your music journey. Every song you discover will be kept in your own personal history.
Still curious about SoundHound? Here’s everything you need to know!
• Tap the SoundHound button in the app, in the notification center widget, or via 3D touch on the app icon to discover music playing around you! We’ll let you know everything about the song including title, artist, album, and lyrics!
• Have a song stuck in your head? Press the SoundHound button, sing or hum the tune and we’ll do the rest!
• To add the SoundHound widget to your notification center, swipe right on your iPhone’s lock screen. From there, scroll to the bottom, tap ‘Edit’ and then the ‘+’ next to SoundHound. You’re now ready to go!
• Keep track of all your discoveries in your own personal history
• See the hottest new music across Genre, Global, and Popular charts
• Find out what’s being played near you and around the world with our Music Map
• Songs you discover can be played back for free via our built-in YouTube player
• View lyrics when playing back a song from YouTube
• SoundHound comes with ‘OK Hound…’, an incredibly fast and accurate way to find great music with your voice. Hound is built with natural language understanding, so speak like you would with a friend.
• Simply say ‘OK Hound....’ from any screen or tap the microphone on the play page. Once you see the listening panel, you can follow up with commands including:
‘OK Hound… Show me my discoveries’
‘OK Hound… Show me what I can say’
‘OK Hound… What’s that song?’
‘OK Hound... Play Hello by Adele’
‘OK Hound... Show me lyrics to Castle on the hill’
‘OK Hound...Play today’s top songs’’
Playlists (Spotify account & registration required)
• Build personalized playlists through Apple Music or Spotify (SoundHound account and music subscription required)
• Access Spotify playlists for a richer playback experience through SoundHound
• View and interact with real-time, moving lyrics for your songs with LiveLyrics(r)
• Keep all of your discoveries in sync across multiple devices
• Share your music discoveries to Facebook, Twitter, messaging services and email!
REVIEWS & ACCLAIM
• Top 10 Must-Have iPhone Apps - Bob Tedeschi, NY Times
• Best Music Engagement App - BILLBOARD Music App Awards
• Essential iPad App - "Seriously fast" - John Herrman, Gizmodo
• "Genius, isn't it?" - B.B.C. World Radio
• "This is amazing... insane, right?" - David Pogue
Don’t want banner ads? Upgrade to SoundHound∞: https://04ii.app.link/RXaRXypntA
What's New in Version 8.4
Bug fixes and improvements
From Hero to Zero
Sound hound was always my app of choice for song identification. I could quickly open it, tap the large button, and close the app all without taking my eyes off the road. Then later I could check my history to see the info about the song. That’s how it worked for what seemed like years. That is until the most recent time I open the app to check my history and I’m greeted with a message saying to register to see my history. All those songs that I hadn’t gotten around to acquiring are now gone in some void, replaced with a screen begging for a registration. I immediately deleted the app. I’m not opposed the registering an account, but to hold my identified songs hostage to fluff up your user base is BS. I went back to Shazam.
SoundHound completes my life
So many times I have desperately wanted to know the name of a song... these songs touched me in a certain way and made me feel... the prospect of not knowing what the title or artist saddened me and then SoundHound came along and now my life is complete... as a bonus, there is a wonderful feature that saves searches in a history file... after using the app for a while I discovered the search history and decided it would make an awesome iTunes playlist and SoundHound Vol 1 was born... again completeness 🌝
What used to be great is now uselesss...
Awful. Tried to identify ‘Red Right Hand’ by Iggy Pop & Jarvis Cocker. Took about ten tries and then when I try to play it, a little window opens
with a picture of Iggy Pop, playing some instrumental elevator loop with a description of the actual song I want to hear but not the song itself. I don’t need a description, I’m quite capable of describing it myself thank you, I want to hear the song. Also- it’s not convenient to ‘talk’ out loud to an app unless you’re driving a car. When trying to improve the app, try leaving the elements that brought people to it in the first place alone. i.e.: Don’t try and fix what isn’t broken. Useless, what happened to this app?
- Category: Music
- Updated: Dec 19, 2017
- Version: 8.4
- Size: 78.2 MB
- Languages: English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Seller: SoundHound, Inc.
- © 2015 SoundHound Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Ad-Free, Extra Features$6.99