SoundHound + hands-free with “OK Hound” | Search, Discover and Play Music
By SoundHound, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Search, discover and play music with SoundHound. And now, you can navigate in a hands-free search and assistant mode with “OK Hound…”
To use hands-free, simply say: “OK Hound… what’s this song?” You can also do much more:
Say it and play it:
• “OK Hound, please play Hello by Adele”
• “OK Hound, play Katy Perry’s top video”
Add song to Spotify playlist:
• “OK Hound, please add One Day Like This to my Spotify Playlist”
• “OK Hound, add Dark Horse to my Spotify Playlist”
Deep dive in music knowledge:
• “OK Hound, what’s Taylor Swift’s latest song?”
• “OK Hound, how old is Paul McCartney?”
• “OK Hound, where was Fetty Wap born?”
For music identification or Sing/Hum recognition, say:
• “OK Hound, what’s this song?”
• “OK Hound, what’s this song that I’m humming?”
Plus, you can continue to access all of the great SoundHound features you know and love through the classic tap, swipe and type modes, too:
• Tap the orange button to instantly identify songs and see live lyrics, video playback, share, stream, or buy
• Sing or Hum into SoundHound, for results when you can’t get that song out of your head
• Access your History, showing your previous searches (register to ensure you can access all of your discoveries!) to add to your Spotify playlist
• View live lyrics, moving real-time with the music, and sing along
• Check out weekly featured songs, videos, artists & albums
• Find out what’s being played near you & around the world with our Music Map
• Learn about ‘Artists Born Today’, showcasing artists on their birthday, everyday
• Access artist photos & biographies, album release dates & band info
• See the hottest in new music, across Global, Emerging and Popular charts
• Play the full song and watch the music video with our embedded YouTube player
• Browse the top videos others are watching
• Listen to songs or playlists in your favorite connected streaming services, such as Spotify, Pandora, Apple Music
• Purchase songs or albums instantly in iTunes
Reviews and Honors
• Top 10 Must-Have iPhone Apps - Bob Tedeschi, NY Times
• Best Music Engagement App - BILLBOARD Music App Awards
• Essential iPad App - "Seriously fast" - John Herrman, Gizmodo
• "Genius, isn't it?" - B.B.C. World Radio
• "This is amazing... insane, right?" - David Pogue
SoundHound all you like – it’s free and unlimited. Don’t want banner ads? Upgrade to SoundHound ∞
What's New in Version 7.1.3
- Now go Hands-Free with “OK Hound…” Use your voice to search, discover, and play! Find that song you’re trying to identify, hands-free, in the car, on the go, or at home, discover new information about an artist, play full tracks, or even add it to your playlist.
- To identify a song playing on the radio, just say “OK Hound, what song is playing?”
- To discover more about your favorite artist, say “OK Hound, what is Rihanna’s latest song?”
- To play a song, simply say, “OK Hound, play Hello by Adele.”
- Redesigned History page to make it easier to access music you’ve found with SoundHound
- We’ve have an all new app icon! Look for the signature SoundHound orange.
If you enjoy our service, please consider spreading the word by reviewing our app.
This app is amazing when it comes to recognizing and giving you artist/song information. Whether you're in a busy noisy place, car, store, or even when watching a movie at home and finding a song you like, its a great app to have handy....and in its category it's by far the best app I've ever come by.
It's quick, it's easy to use, and it even saves your history so you can go back and find the songs you liked.
Most of the time, it even provides lyrics, if you turn your phone to landscape mode it brings them up for you line by line along with the song you're listening to.
I've been using it for years and I'm def a big fan.
Good app gone bad
The primary purpose of this app is to ID that tune you're hearing. The latest incarnation tries to compete w/ iTunes & throws all kinds of lists and ads at you and buries the "id song" button so deep that by the time you find it that ephemeral song has ended. The "id song" button does NOT come up when you start the app. It's buried in the setup screen. Soundhound has gotten way away from its roots. If you have not upgraded, DON'T!! You'll regret it. Back to the inferior shazaam for me.
Update: since my last review, this app has gotten even WORSE! How this is possible? They managed to bury the id song button in an obscure screen that doesn't come up by default!! Only after wading through a bunch of ads did I accidentally discover the "id song" button, AFTER the song finished playing! What a crappy app, a good app gone bad.
Love Love Love this app. 💕💯❤️
Any time I am out and about and I hear a song I like but don't know the name I just click the app quick and it comes right up and starts listening. With in seconds it not only tells me the name and who digs it but the lyrics. It's great. Then even gives you the choice to buy it in iTunes. Totally recommend. I also like proving people wrong when I do know who sings a song and they say it's someone else. I'm just like ok here I'll prove it. Totally happy. 😆👍🏻👌🏻❤️💯
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Music
- Updated: Jul 06, 2016
- Version: 7.1.3
- Size: 41.1 MB
- Languages: English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Seller: SoundHound, Inc.
- © 2015 SoundHound Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Ad-Free, Extra Features$6.99