Precise and "Best In Class" Multi-Function Noise Meter : 1.Sound Level Meter, 2.Noise (OSHA/NIOSH) DOSI Meter, 3.Impulsive Noise Meter with live Professional Grade Hearing-Safety Monitor Messages & Alerts.
Live Spectrum Display, Measurement Snap Shot & Email and Comprehensive Noise & Hearing Protection Guidances.
For a happy & safe life, get a smart tool to screen surrounding environments, workplaces, gyms, sound-emitting toys, power appliances, kitchen tools, and more for hearing safety. Consistently & reliably monitor sound level at parties, bars, or anywhere else...
This handy app helps to protect you, your family and friends against risk of irreversible hearing loss!
- Precise Sound Pressure Level monitoring
- Real-time frequency spectrum
- Visible alert when environment is hearing-damaging
- Snapshot & Email of measurement
- Exposure-time alert in noisy environment according to OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) and NIOSH ( National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health ) guideline.
- Environment-aware Hearing Protection messages
- Safety screening of sound-emitting toys for kids
- Safety screening of noise hazard from appliances, power & hand tools, and kitchen tools
- Safety screening of noise hazard anywhere: home, disco, party, concert, restaurant, etc.
- Noise Exposure Level for workplace safety
- Hands-on guides of Hearing Protection, Hearing Loss and Tinnitus Prevention
- Self-evaluation of hearing loss
- Evaluate hearing protection devices before buying
- Calibrate home theaters and speakers
- Easily support external microphone by custom calibration mode
- Including essential “needed-to-know” guide and info useful for hearing loss protection.
Sound Level Meter : IEC 61672 Compliant
- A/B/C/D/No Weighting
- Fast/Slow Mode
- Max/Min Hold & Duration
- 30-130dB Dynamic Range in 0.1dB Resolution
- Low/Auto/High Range with Accuracy +/-1.2dB
- Factory Calibration for Apple Built-in Internal microphone
- Support Customer's External Microphone with Easy Calibration Method
- Calibrate Speakers by Spectrum Analyzer and No Weighting
Personal Sound Exposure Meter (Noise Dosimeter) : OSHA Compliant.
- Dose, TWA, Projected Dose, Projected TWA, Elapsed Time
- Exchange Rate: 5 dB
- Criterion Level: 90 dB
Impulsive Noise Meter : IEC 61672 Compliant.
- Level Resolution: 0.1dB
- Time Resolution: ms
SoundMeter+ can use either internal ( default) or external microphone for measuring.
Facts and Figures:
- Hearing loss is permanent. Neither surgery nor medicine can restore hearing.
- Hearing loss may be painless. But damage is cumulative.
- More than 900 million people in the world are suffering from hearing loss.
- 15% of young people have hearing loss.
- Very loud MP3 players, playing in a band, live rock music, vacuum cleaner, blow dryer, fireworks, among others, can put one at high risk for hearing loss.
- One in seven people worldwide have ringing in ears (i.e. tinnitus). Tinnitus suffers usually have hearing loss.
- Researchers warned that many toys are emitting sounds loud enough to damage kids' hearing.
Disclaimer: SoundMeter+ is assisting you to be aware of hearing protection and danger of loud noise. This app and all its information are not intended to be used in diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition. If you suspect any medical condition, please consult a doctor. This app and all its information are not intended to be used as legal evidence for workplace/merchandise safety, or for any other fields. If you suspect any safety issue, please seek professional advice of regulatory authorities.
- Work with variable Audio HW Sampling Rate ( iPhone6S , iPhone7, iPad PRO or later ).
Ratings and Reviews
The encyclopedic level of information about hearing loss and hearing protection included with this app was a pleasant surprise! Want to know about the anatomy and physiology of the ear? Feel like perusing OSHA tables on decibel levels? Need a comprehensive description of hearing protection devices? Just hit the little "i" in the bottom left corner! And this cornucopia of knowledge serves a purpose: It enables you to better interpret and understand the wealth of data the app calculates. Of course, this assumes you have some familiarity with and an appreciation of apps that almost inundate you with facts and figures, and that the process of parsing such information is in your wheelhouse. If not, you may want a more simplified app.
This app is very bad! Sad! I want my money back! There is no way to set a max dB level! Sad!
This is an excellent app.
I am currently using this app for a sound study outdoors having to do with Pickle-ball noise levels in a park over periods of time. With this app, we will be able to conclude that the noise from this sport will comply with county minimum DbA standards within the distance to neighboring homes.
I am using the DociMeter for this study and find that I would like to plug noise canceling headphones into the iPad and be able to hear what the computer is analyzing. To do that, there should be a volume slider on the screen.
Also, it would be good to be able to completely pause the analyzing process to allow for extraneous loud noises not to be measured if desired. In my case, cars and trucks are not a factor in this study.
I also suggest that data storage files be made available in addition to the email feature.
It's already five stars...How about going for six?
John in LWW
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.