By David Estes
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
SoundNote is the best way to take notes in meetings, lectures, and interviews. It tracks what you type and draw while recording audio, so you'll never worry about missing an important detail. During playback, just tap a word: SoundNote will jump right to the proper time in the audio.
• Use SoundNote's powerful drawing tool for quick sketches. It's easy to edit them, too. Tap a drawing to select it, or tap twice to select an individual stroke. From there, you can drag it to wherever you want, or tap "Delete" to get rid of it. Use two fingers to zoom and scroll.
• SoundNote is perfect for students. If you ever fall asleep in class, don't worry — SoundNote's got your back. Just tap what you wrote while you were awake, and SoundNote will play the audio to help you fill in the blanks.
• SoundNote is also great for journalists. Ever miss an important detail during an interview and have to skim through your entire recording to find out what it was? With SoundNote, just tap a word from that part of the interview — it'll play back what you missed.
• When you're done, share your text, drawings, and audio notes via email, or transfer them directly to your Mac or PC. Audio notes are recorded in standard M4A format: One hour of high quality audio is only 25MB.
What's New in Version 2.5.2
Dropbox SDK Fixes, iOS 8 support
The best I’ve found
I’ve used SoundNote from the very beginning and love it. Every once in a while I check to see if someone else has created something as good. Thus far I have not found anything. Other apps add features that I don’t need and they unnecessarily complicate things. I especially like the fact that one can email files (text only OR text with audio) OR send the file to Dropbox. It’s a great way to backup files if one is not able to sync with one’s computer for a while. I say it’s 5+.
Super app for meetings
I've used this app in small meetings of just two and as large as 50 people. It worked great in both. Audio replay was audible in both cases and the notes and audio sync is excellent.
Love the concept. One of the best options out there for learners who need additional repetition and visual queuing. This app has tremendous potential, but hasn't been updated since 2014. May I make a few suggestions?
-An "eraser" option rather than a delete button
-Option to place files/lectures into folders
-Cursor should move/respond to audio
-Option to send files with audio from iPad to
iPad not including family sharing
-Keyboard has a tendency to freeze when
adding or editing text
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Sep 28, 2014
- Version: 2.5.2
- Size: 4.1 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: David Estes
- © 2010-2015 David Estes
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.