By David Estes
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
ATTENTION: After updating to iOS 7, you'll need to enable SoundNote in Settings / Privacy / Microphone, or nothing will be recorded. Sorry for the inconvenience!
SoundNote is the best way to take notes in meetings, lectures, and interviews. It tracks what you type and draw while recording audio, so you'll never worry about missing an important detail. During playback, just tap a word: SoundNote will jump right to the proper time in the audio.
• Use SoundNote's powerful drawing tool for quick sketches. It's easy to edit them, too. Tap a drawing to select it, or tap twice to select an individual stroke. From there, you can drag it to wherever you want, or tap "Delete" to get rid of it. Use two fingers to zoom and scroll.
• SoundNote is perfect for students. If you ever fall asleep in class, don't worry — SoundNote's got your back. Just tap what you wrote while you were awake, and SoundNote will play the audio to help you fill in the blanks.
• SoundNote is also great for journalists. Ever miss an important detail during an interview and have to skim through your entire recording to find out what it was? With SoundNote, just tap a word from that part of the interview — it'll play back what you missed.
• When you're done, share your text, drawings, and audio notes via email, or transfer them directly to your Mac or PC. Audio notes are recorded in standard M4A format: One hour of high quality audio is only 25MB.
What's New in Version 2.5.1
- Fixed instructions on how to enable the microphone in iOS 7.
- Fixed an issue with Korean input.
Very helpful app but needs a new feature
I truly believe this app has helped me achieve a 4.0 GPA in college but it would be great if it had a button to go back 15 seconds and 30 seconds. Every once in awhile when listening to a 1 hour lecture, I'll notice I was daydreaming and then I have to slide the bar to rewind. It's cumbersome. Other than that, I have no complaints.
Please put in a "go forward 15 seconds" button and a "go back 15 seconds" button! I have 9 hours of lecture notes to go through for a test and it would be helpful to skip over parts I don't need to hear quickly.
Great app, could use slight tweaks
I've used this app all throughout my undergrad, and it has worked wonderfully. Two things I would change though:
1. The forward/ backward 30 sec button in audio when replaying as stated by other reviewers.
2. The ability to organize your soundnote files into folders on the left sidebar instead of just a chronological arrangement. The left bar looks cluttered to me. I wish I could lump them into folders by class and then subfolders by unit.
Otherwise, the app is great!
The best app I've used for what I do
I found this on a chance but it is the best thing I think for anybody who is in business or ministry or attends tons of meetings. I used this record whole meetings, take notes and my notes match the speaking. I then can download and edit my notes and audio for later. Not joking, and no I have nothing to do w this company but I'm shocked this isn't one the best selling apps. It's a five star no doubt! Keep up the great work.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Oct 25, 2013
- Version: 2.5.1
- Size: 2.7 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: David Estes
- © 2010-2013 David Estes
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.