SoundScaper is an experimental sound mini lab for creating unusual soundscapes, atmospheric textures, drones, glitches and noises based on circuit bending principles.
With this application you can easily experiment with creating new and unusual sounds from ordinary samples. For sound designers and those interested in creating ambient or experimental electronic music, with filtering and mixing of up to three oscillators, you can create excellent soundscapes, textures and drones for your music or for movie soundtrack or entertainment apps and games. With complete MIDI control this application is very comfortable and powerful instrument to use for real-time sound creation and live improvisation.
The oscillators, based on simulating schematics of actual 8 bit lofi sound playback chips, have circuit bending like controls that are ideal for making glitches, noises, crackles and granular sounds. Combined with the filtering and spatial mixing options, you can expand these sounds to deep and atmospheric textures. Finally you can add motion and continuous changes to your sounds via low frequency oscillators which can control the filter and mixer parameters.
The "Morphing scene" option gives you ability of smooth switching between scenes, applying multifunctional filters and changing oscillators parameters during morphing process. Using these features you can add a new dimension to the existing scenes varying them in the real time.
● Three sample-based oscillators with control based on circuit bending principles.
● Three Low / High / Band - pass filters and two range delay for each oscillator.
● Spatial mixer / reverb with side and distance for each sound source.
● Three low frequency oscillators for automation mixer and filters.
● Possibility of generating parameters for each oscillator automatically.
● Scenes for storing all parameters of oscillators, filters and mixer.
● Morphing with smooth switching between scenes and additional effects in real-time.
● Built-in library of natural samples grouped by categories.
● Set of ready-to-use presets for oscillators.
● Advanced control panel for all faders and rotary knobs with large controls.
● Individual equalizer and reverb options for each sound source in the spatial mixer.
● Complete MIDI control for all faders, knobs and most other elements.
● Uploading samples through Dropbox, Web access, clipboard and from other apps.
● Different color schemes available for the user interface.
● Detailed application description (also in signle PDF on application site).
● Supports Audiobus 3 with "State Saving" and MIDI features.
● Inter-App audio compatible.
Fourth generation of iPad and higher is recommended (especially with Inter-app audio and Audiobus).
You can find more details about SoundScaper on application site:
● Bugfix: App crash in iOS 11.2.5
What's new in version 1.9:
● Added new samples.
● Added new oscillators presets.
● Added support of Audiobus 3.
● Added support of Audiobus MIDI.
● Some improvements of user interface.
● Displaying value hint when use knobs and faders.
● Faders and knobs panels closes by tap outside.
● Oscillators presets list divided by groups.
● iOS 11 optimization.
● Fixed Dropbox access.
● Fixed problem with reverb on / off option.
● Fixed problem with start on minimal output level of oscillators.
● Fixed problem with copy / paste oscillator parameters.
● Several others minor bugs have been fixed.
Ratings and Reviews
The possibilities with this app seem endless. I've tried dozens and dozens of sound makers, synths, sequencers, etc - they all felt like variations on the same set of features. This is the first app I've tried that really made new sounds in new ways.
Always surprising, amazing depth.
Been waiting to play with this and it's very very cool. The only thing that can make this better is a little internal sampling utility to capture sounds right in instead of importing. Great Software!! Buy it.
Essential experimental music app.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.