Mobile git client and code editor for use on all of your iOS devices.
- Powerful code editor with syntax highlighting for 100+ languages.
- Full-featured git client - commit/pull/push/branch and more.
- GitHub, Bitbucket, Gitlab integration - sign in and automatically push and pull to your online repositories.
- Built-in coding keyboard - quick access to punctuation and other common coding characters. This keyboard may be used across iOS as a 3rd party keyboard.
- Automatic SSH key generation - Generates an SSH key and automatically adds it to the services you sign into.
- Edit multiple files at once with tabs - Within each of your projects, you can open as many editor tabs as you would like.
- Import from Safari - Browse to any GitHub repository in Safari and use the Source Clone extension to clone the repository into Source.
- Works great on both iPad and iPhone!
- Integrated with other apps - Edit files in other apps, import and export to and from Source.
You can download Source and use it for free, but in order to push changes up to a remote repo, as well as use other advanced features, you must purchase a Source Pro license. With Source Pro, you can:
- Git push - Upload your changes to a remote repository.
- Push notifications - Be the first to know when any activity occurs on a repository.
- Editor themes - Choose from over 30 themes to use in your text editor.
- Dark mode - Ease your eyes by enabling an app-wide dark mode.
- View full commit history and see file diffs for each commit.
- Use multiple remotes to pull and push.
- Quickly search for files in your repositories using the built-in search.
- Easily revert changes made to files.
- 3D touch shortcuts on compatible devices to jump right into a project.
* New "Explore" tab for GitHub. Search for repositories and users.
* Fixed issues on multiple services where not all repositories would show up.
* Added support for organization repositories on GitHub. You may need to sign out of your GitHub account and back in if you continue to have issues.
* 30 new editor themes (Pro only)
* Added the ability to turn on and off line wrapping in the code editor
* Added 1Password / LastPass support when signing into an account on an online service.
* Added button to view a repository in a web browser.
* Tapping links in a repository README will now allow navigation back to the README.
* Fixed issue with the tab key not working in the editor when using an external keyboard.
Ratings and Reviews
This project is very intriguing for me, as I often prefer to leave the laptop at home and just bring an ipad or my phone! But, it looks like the beta you showed on your blog hasn’t made it to the app yet, or am I missing something? Good luck and I look forward to checking it out when you get it done!!
Find a way to make it happen on my iPhone and I’ll gladly pay for the pro upgrade.
Want to like it fully
Need to be able to edit remotes (misspellings or change name) as well as delete remotes. When creating a repo, from URL, the name you give it needs to stay instead of becoming the repo URL.
Otherwise, loving it so far.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.