By SourceView Publishing LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Discover more about the Bible. The SourceView Bible app is not just a digital version of a printed Bible. It is a fresh, innovative way to take a deeper look at God’s story: what’s been written, who said what, and how its words impact and shape our lives, our work, and our world.
READ THE BIBLE IN A FRESH NEW WAY
• Four different colors of Biblical text reads dramatically like a script. Color defines source role per book:
– Red letters whenever God speaks
– Green letters when a lead character speaks
– Blue for supporting sources
– Black is always The Narrator
• In groups, readers can pick a color to read aloud, like taking a part in a dramatic script.
• Swipe to the right to see who is speaking.
• Scroll through an entire book without the disruption of turning pages or tapping through chapters.
• All books and chapters have a calculated read time so you can plan your study accordingly.
**We’re excited to launch SourceView in the New Living Translation, a version true to the original languages and easy to read out loud or privately.**
START YOUR JOURNEY OF ENDLESS DISCOVERY
• Learn things you never knew about the Bible by observing data points that have never been available until now.
• See the relative word count of books and chapters and the amount each role played in them.
• Look closer at who speaks, the words they used, and to whom they were directed.
• Create pie charts, bar charts, and word clouds from information you’re curious about:
– Who speaks most in the Bible?
– Who said the word “peace” in the Bible?
– What professions spoke in the book of Genesis?
– Who spoke most in a given time period?
– What words does God say to women in the Old Testament?
• All visual discoveries point you right back to the Scripture that corresponds to your charts.
NAVIGATE THE BIBLE LIKE NEVER BEFORE
• Quickly jump to a passage by entering a variety of different reference searches, e.g. J3:16 (verse) or John Jesus 18 (occurrence)
• Step backward or forward through screens you have already seen, which is great for jumping around during a sermon or Bible lesson.
• View a history of the screens you have seen direct links to key areas in the app, and any personally bookmarked location in Scripture.
* Occurrence counts are the number of times a source speaks in a book. John Jesus 18 is the 18th time Jesus spoke in John—similar to lines of a script.
GET TO KNOW WHO SPEAKS IN THE BIBLE AND THE ROLE THEY PLAY
• See how much a source said and step through each speaking occurrence.
• Review who a source spoke to and who spoke to that source.
• Jump into any conversation by stepping through what one source says to another.
• Learn more about a source's background, like when they live, what they did for work, and what books they speak in.
• Gain a deeper understanding of a source's personal character by focusing on the words they used.
• Observe how a source's words connect to the seven spheres of society with the Spheres in-app purchase.
OBSERVE HOW SCRIPTURE SHAPES A BIBLICAL CHRISTIAN WORLDVIEW
Society is shaped by seven spheres of influence. With the Spheres in-app purchase unlocked, you'll be able to make personal observations about how scripture can be used to shape a Biblical Christian worldview.
• Read through Scripture with various sphere highlights turned on
• Explore key passages for each sphere
• Meditate on how a source's words relate to and impact society
(Thank you. Your purchase helps us continue doing what we do.)
CONNECT WITH SOURCEVIEW
» Online http://www.sourceviewbible.com
» Facebook http://facebook.com/sourceviewbible
» Twitter http://twitter.com/sourceviewbible
» Help Center https://help.sourceviewbible.com
Tell us about your SourceView experience: firstname.lastname@example.org
What's New in Version 1.2.2
• Minor fixes
Amazing software for spiritual growth...may God bless you all who worked behind...
This app opens up a whole new way of study. I can clear out a lot of apps, that are slowing my phone to. Thanks.