By Southwest Airlines Co.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Ready for takeoff? Our new app is your digital pilot, guiding you through the Southwest experience. It’s packed with easy to use features like express checkout and mobile boarding pass with Apple Wallet. Download our new app and see where it takes you next!
• Check in, book, change, or cancel air reservations
• View your upcoming flight’s status, boarding position, and gate information from the home screen
• Access your Mobile boarding pass and save it to Apple Wallet
• Book or cancel rental car reservations
• Check flight status and setup notifications
• Add EarlyBird Check-In® to an existing reservation
• Enroll in and access your Rapid Rewards account
• View travel and weather alerts
• Access helpful airport information
What's New in Version 3.11.2
We continue to make bug fixes and performance enhancements.
Good: Apple Wallet support and flight check-ins. Eh: Must enter reservation no to check in.
- There's Apple Wallet support (on top of their in-app tickets).
- You can check into your flight from within the app, and the steps are informative.
- You can access Rapid Rewards and basic past and saved trips.
- TouchID support
Not so great:
- The cards don't update the gate number when added to Apple Wallet. You have to add the card to Apple Wallet all over again whenever there are changes to a flight.
- You have to enter your reservation number to check in every single time. It doesn't allow you one-tap check-ins like other airlines.
- There are no push notifications about anything. Other apps push notifications about flight updates for boarding, gate changes, and delays.
- "Past Trips" cards are barebones on information. It's also buried under "Rapid Rewards", which is a small banner on the main screen.
Needs to step it up
I am an iPhone user. I recently flew with United Airline and I got spoiled with a mobile boarding pass. I have never used it before. The United app has the ability to let you check in and put your boarding pass on your wallet. Not only that, the boarding pass was also available on my Apple Watch and that blew my mind. Some other airline apps have those features, but Southwest doesn't. The ability to have a mobile boarding pass can save the hassle of printing a piece of paper...which cost money. So let's go Southwest! Invest in upgrading the app so you can start saving money and maybe be as cool as the other airlines!
I usually like Southwest Airlines. Then I tried to use this app to do something really complicated - view my itinerary for an upcoming trip (yes, that's sarcasm). Anyway, I won't bore you with the minutiae of my frustration, but I've come to viscerally hate this app. Hopefully it'll work better for you but I have to login with my reservation number and name EVERY TIME I want to view my itinerary, it saves nothing! Maybe a minor thing, but when you're at the airport, it gets annoying. I also can't attach my "rapid rewards" number to a current reservation. The list goes on. Southwest Airlines, please fix it!
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Nov 16, 2016
- Version: 3.11.2
- Size: 69.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Southwest Airlines
- © 2016 Southwest Airlines Co. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.