By Southwest Airlines Co.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Traveling with Southwest Airlines is even more convenient with our mobile app. So, whether you’re on the go traveling to that next big meeting or just on the couch daydreaming about a vacation, Southwest mobile gives you access to what you need.
• Check in, book, change, or cancel air reservations
• View your upcoming flight’s status, boarding position, and gate information from the home page
• Access your Mobile boarding pass and save it to Passbook
• Book or cancel rental car reservations
• Check flight status and setup text notifications
• Add EarlyBird Check-In® to an existing reservation
• Enroll in and access your Rapid Rewards account
• View travel and weather alerts
• Access helpful airport information
What's New in Version 2.14.0
Minor maintenance release.
What's the point?!
1st, I'll say, I ❤️ SWA!
(So I'm being nice by giving 3 stars)
1. VERY inconvenient to always have my phone lock up every time I use passbook to get on the plane!!! This is when I need my phone the most urgently, to accomplish last minute items before the plane takes off, but MY PHONE WONT WORK!
BTW why does passbook ALWAYS choose the wrong boarding pass?!!!!!
2. Things that are needed quickly are cumbersome, especially if running late.
a) flight status - don't u know what flight I'm trying to catch? Why should I have to tell u?
b) reschedule - wouldn't it be nice for U to know if someone is going to be there at the last minute, or if they are not going to make it, so you know whether or not to give their seat away? Please make it easier for us to let you know!
3. Getting connected to in-flight wifi (which I NEED to do because your passbook boarding pass locked up my phone and wouldn't allow me to use my own internet b4 takeoff) should be much simpler! The flight is half over by the time I'm connected! (If I can even get connected)
4. Is there any way to get a year end summary of all my flights for my tax records?
New Native App Please!
SWA needs a major update that completely scraps what y'all have right now... EasyJet has some amazing things in their app... Copy/paste?
Y’all need to write an iOS specific app, not just a port of your mobile website. The UI/UX of SWA compared to other offerings is quite subpar. That said, here is a list of suggestions… take a look at American, United, Delta, British Airways, Air Canada, Easy Jet, JetBlue... All of them look and function much better.
1. Native app
2. Design refresh.
-There are still many elements of the app that look like the belong on the original iPhone. Cut out the diagonal line filler on buttons throughout (similar to what y’all made the front page buttons like).
-Colors of the app are not very SWA representative. The purply/pink doesn’t mesh with the rest of the SWA theme. New icon, however, looks great.
3. Ability to check into a flight without a confirmation number… I’m already logged into the app, I shouldn’t have to type my name and number.
4. iPad app / Apple Watch
Again… I think having a native app will provide a vastly superior experience for SWA customers and I hope y’all are working on one. I love the airline and hope that soon I’ll be able to do most of my business from my phone and not be forced to use a computer. Thanks!
Southwest should be embarrassed
The other reviews were so harsh I didn't think they could be true/right. I thought it might be end user error... I was wrong.
What makes this app awful:
- no way (that I can figure out) to store an upcoming reservation
- no reminder of my upcoming flight
I thought these first two might require that I create an account, so I did, but that didn't work.
Then I thought maybe the upcoming flight is pulled from the website (meaning, I had to login and establish a relationship between my account and my upcoming flight there). So I added my rewards number to my itinerary. That did not add my flight to my app.
- the app doesn't remember me/my login - I have to re-login and wait each time
- I'm guessing the app is not native. I get the wheel of wait with each submission of something (itinerary, flight status, etc), which means this is going to be even worse at the airport.
Southwest's executive team should be embarrassed and invest in a new app immediately. Frankly, this experience is damaging your brand.
Start by reading your reviews and realizing that the app doesn't meet even the most basic user needs.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Apr 27, 2015
- Version: 2.14.0
- Size: 33.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Southwest Airlines
- © 2015 Southwest Airlines Co. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.