By Southwest Airlines Co.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Ready for takeoff? Our new app is your digital pilot, guiding you through the Southwest experience. It’s packed with easy to use features like express checkout and mobile boarding pass with Apple Wallet. Download our new app and see where it takes you next!
• Check in, book, change, or cancel air reservations
• View your upcoming flight’s status, boarding position, and gate information from the home screen
• Access your Mobile boarding pass and save it to Apple Wallet
• Book or cancel rental car reservations
• Check flight status and setup notifications
• Add EarlyBird Check-In® to an existing reservation
• Enroll in and access your Rapid Rewards account
• View travel and weather alerts
• Access helpful airport information
What's New in Version 3.1.101
- Fixed Apple Wallet issue.
Wallet Still Needs Tweaking
While adding your mobile ticket to Apple Wallet is finally more straightforward in the app, mobile boarding passes still do not automatically show up on the lock screen when it's close to your flight time. I'm not sure why this functionality has continually been missing with Southwest's mobile boarding passes, since it's a common feature that seems to work fine for all other airlines I fly.
Also, with the latest app updates, my boarding passes are no longer automatically showing up on my Apple Watch, which had been a very convenient feature.
Please address these issues in a future update.
Seems to keep getting worse
I love Southwest, and they're the airline I fly 90% of the time (probably 25-30 flights per year). I also used to love this app. However, the latest redesign and previous few updates seem to have removed some of the best features.
1) When booking, flight names are no longer able to be changed in the app (not that big of a deal, but does now cause me to only use the website to book flights)
2) Bigger problem is that the custom flight names - from bookings on SW website - are no longer shown under your "trips" in the app. (Huge annoyance, and really makes the app pretty worthless to me)
3) For awhile, the app would populate my boarding pass to my phone's home screen on the day of the flight. Very nice feature, but last couple of flights this month, that feature seemed to be disabled.
(There are other small things, but the short list above would be a huge improvement)
Hoping you'll use this constructive feedback to get the SW app back to its former glory...
It's easy to see flight options the UIX is appealing. Future trips layout simply and beautifully. My bone to pick would be regarding payment. I wish it would store my address, wife's info, and credit card info. If not, tie into Apple Pay or things like last pass and one password.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Feb 04, 2016
- Version: 3.1.101
- Size: 40.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Southwest Airlines
- © 2016 Southwest Airlines Co. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.