By Southwest Airlines Co.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Ready for takeoff? Our new app is your digital pilot, guiding you through the Southwest experience. It’s packed with easy to use features like express checkout and mobile boarding pass with Apple Wallet. Download our new app and see where it takes you next!
• Check in, book, change, or cancel air reservations
• View your upcoming flight’s status, boarding position, and gate information from the home screen
• Access your Mobile boarding pass and save it to Apple Wallet
• Book or cancel rental car reservations
• Check flight status and setup notifications
• Add EarlyBird Check-In® to an existing reservation
• Enroll in and access your Rapid Rewards account
• View travel and weather alerts
• Access helpful airport information
What's New in Version 4.8.2
• Our homepage got an upgrade! We’ve consolidated the Offers and Manage Trips tab for a more seamless experience.
• For the first time ever, you can save you contact method in-app. Express check out never felt so good!
• Hotel booking is back! You can now book and manage your hotel reservations straight from the navigation drawer.
• Updates also include bug fixes and performance improvements.
Just one enhancement
The app and its iwatch version have served well. If there was one tweak I could make it would be connecting verification endpoints. If I'm already signed in to the app and I check in to a flight that I didn't reserve with my rapid rewards account, it would be frictionless, no?, for the user's rapid rewards number to then be linked, as the first name and last name under the reservation is the same.
A list status problem
After this update my iPhone boarding pass does not have my A list status listed. When I checked in for my flight 24 hours before the flight I ended up getting "B" boarding row assignments. I'm guessing the system is not recognizing that I'm A List preferred I Tried to get on after all the "A" rows had boarded but was denied because they didn't see my a list preferred status on my ticket. Please fix quickly. This update is negating my A list benefit.
Slow to load
It takes over 15 seconds for the app to load when I open it. I don't like seeing huge ads on the home screen. I already have the credit card, so it's a waste of space for me to see that ad.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Aug 11, 2017
- Version: 4.8.2
- Size: 89.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Southwest Airlines
- © 2016 Southwest Airlines Co. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.