Southwest Plant Selector
By Learning Games Lab, NM State University
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Southwest Plant Selector is the only app of expert-recommended xeric landscape plants specifically for New Mexico, El Paso, and surrounding areas. All plants in this app thrive on little or no supplemental water and are typically both available and used in regional xeriscapes.
Browse through a database of hundreds of 700+ plants or search based on specific criteria. Each plant includes photo(s) and relevant information on use and care. Mark your “favorites” for quick access at the nursery or in your yard.
Gold winner (2013) in the interactive media program category, awarded by the Association for Communication Excellence in Agriculture, Natural Resources, and Life and Human Sciences.
Southwest Plant Selector is the result of a cooperative effort between the Center for Landscape Water Conservation and the New Mexico Office of the State Engineer and was developed for iTunes by New Mexico State University Media Productions.
What's New in Version 1.0.6
New for version 1.0.6:
* New plants and photos.
* Search the plant list by bloom color.
* Browse plants by scientific name in the new "scientific mode" (available from your Settings app).
* El Paso County added as a supported growing region.
* iPhone 5 support.
* Corrections and additions to content.
* Support for emailing plant summaries.
* Text search now searches across common name, scientific name, and alternate names without you having to specify.
* Updated credits and "about" information.
* Bug fixes and usability improvements.
Just What I Was Looking For
Wow, I am working on my back yard and this is just the app I've been looking for. I can tell that I will be using this app quite a bit. The only reason I did not give it 5 stars is it would be nice to have the zones for each plant. I have several different micro-zones and having the zone info would be helpful.
It is nice to have an app for New Mexico plants!! Thank you!
I love this app!
It is a wonderful resource to have to know what will thrive in this climate.
Crashes on iPad 1
Touch a plant photo and the app crashes on an iPad 1.
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: May 25, 2013
- Version: 1.0.6
- Size: 425 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: New Mexico State University Board of Regents
- © 2012 NMSU Board of Regents
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.