By All-Seeing Interactive
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Crazy retro real-time strategy, now even better on iPad!
From the App Store reviews:
"Best RTS on iPod - After being disappointed with many rts games on the iPod, this game finally did things right."
"One of the most awesome RTS games"
"Fun RTS...Don't think about buying it - BUY IT! Its Excellent!"
"Fantastic RTS Game...They really packed a full RTS with a cool style into a little app"
"If you like RTS games and you're looking for visual candy, this game satisfies both."
"...packs a hell of a punch with its solid mechanics and beautiful design" - AppSpy 4/5
PocketGamer - 7 / 10
The year is 2314. When a tiny asteroid falls to earth in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, it brings with it a MYSTERIOUS ALIEN VIRUS. Over the next few months, farmers and scientists around the world begin to notice a curious phenomenon - mushrooms are turning black, and dying!
As world mushroom stocks run low, stock markets plummet, and governments appeal for calm as protests become riots.
Now, a cabal of the world's most powerful restaurateurs meet in secret. Their goal - to create a private space programme to seek out new supplies of mushrooms, wherever they may be found!
* Make your fortune at the edge of the galaxy!
* Explore uncharted asteroids with oddly geometric shapes!
* Investigate strange volcanic activity and harness the power of huge mutant mushrooms!
* Invest in the latest space-age technology, including Energy Saving Lightbulbs and the GIANT SPACE DEATH LASER!
* Compete against 5 bonkers opponents!
* Fun retro graphics!
* Awesome positional sound effects!
* 9 fun (but challenging) maps!
What's New in Version 1.1.3
- Fixed graphical glitches and significantly improved display quality on iPad
- Updated for iOS4
- Harvesters can now be ordered to harvest from a different area even if they are already harvesting
- Bats will abort landing if their spaceport is destroyed
- Levels 1-4 are now unlocked by default
- Minor performance enhancements
- Added Appirater ratings dialog
- Added PlayHaven support
This game is incredibly fun. I was happy to finally find an age of empire type game on the iPod. There are a few thing that could be improved though:
1)The units don't respond to your commands immediately. The delay gets a lot of them killed.
2) the difficulty is too hard. You don't get a chance to build up an economy.
3) the maps could have more room on them
4) online and random maps must must must be added.
5) should be possible to select 3 of 5 units. Can only single select or select all.
6) more levels and maps
7) should be a way to gather resources without mushrooms. If you gather all the mushrooms and the enemy destroys the big mushrooms, you're stuck. Mushroom farms? Shroom labs? Come up with something good.
8) energy is stupid. Get rid of it or make it more useful
9) add a store where you can buy upgrades for units ( using game currency) and boosts (make real cash).
10) should be more types of units available. Maybe rockets? Tanks should be able to kill a bumblebee, but bb should do more damage to the tank.
All in all, it a fun challenging game that could really use an update. Gets 5 stars because it's the first game of its kind on the iPod I've found. Most games are in 2-D war. trust me - I've played enough games to know.
A Suggestion, Advice, and A Review
The only issue I've really had with this game is unit selection. The current method is inefficient and makes reacting to a threat quickly difficult. It also means that I cannot have units of different types in the same group. Also, a suggestion: Along with a new way to select units, a tab system on the side of the edge of the screen would be incredibly useful. For those that don't know, a tab system is where you can save selections of units so that you don't have to be at their current location or be looking at them to select them.
Other than that, this is a top-notch game. Keep up the good work!
I've read that many people are finding this game quite difficult, so here is some advice: This is NOT a console game where you can blindly rush in "guns blazing". This, is an RTS meaning you have to think before you do something or you'll get swamped. I have advanced far in the storyline because I work slowly and carefully when the situation allows. Here is my general order of activity, perhaps it will prove useful to someone else.
Defend -> Build -> Retaliate -> Destroy
Thanks for reading this!
Way to hard
There needs to be some sort of difficulty changer or something in place. I made it to the third level and its impossible to beat. I literally decimated 3 of the 4 bases and the last base which had to be one of the smallest pulled out a mini army out of no where. Made no sense. They completely overcame me and I lost instantly after amassing an army of like 10 tanks and 15 bumblebees. Makes no sense that this would be so insanely hard.
The game is really good but being stuck on level 3 for goodness sake and not being able to do anything else with the game is very very frustrating. If I found Demon Souls to be fun and beat it twice, then you know this game is ridiculously hard for me to be frustrated at the difficulty.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Jul 30, 2010
- Version: 1.1.3
- Size: 9.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: All-Seeing Interactive Ltd
- © 2010 All-Seeing Interactive Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.