Space Hockey HD
By SoftBox LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Space hockey HD
*Featured by Apple in News & NoteWorthy**
** $ Free for a limited Time **
Try the best air hockey game on the AppStore! Play against the computer or go head to head with your friend. Buy once and enjoy this universal app on all your devices.
- Beautifully designed graphics and smooth game-play - the best on the app store.
- Advanced physics simulation engine which models extremely realistic game-play.
- 1 player mode versus computer
- 2 player mode
- Best of 11 rounds
- Paddle store let's you go high fashion with 16 new gorgeous Paddles (requires in-game purchase)
Great Theme Needs Options!
First, I love the look & feel of this game but it could be even better. Some of the sound effects are terrific, especially the bumper sound. But a few more sci-fi sounds couldn't hurt.
Second, I need the option to speed up my paddles response time, it's just too slow to respond to the a.i. Until that happens I'll be playing my other air hockey games.
Third, the music is mediocre. Either let me use my iTunes library or change the music to something more upbeat and spacey like fast Trance.
Fourth, it would be great if the table had a vertically scrolling background surface that made you feel like you were traveling through space while you play, like in a vertical shooter. Or at least give me the choice to choose my own background or table surfaces.
Finally, please address the paddle response time issue as soon as possible. This has the potential to be one of the best air hockey tables in the App Store if you dedicate your time to pleasing those who trust you enough to purchase it.
It's impressive how many things they got wrong for such a simple game.
- it runs at about 2fps on a 3G
- you have to go through the paddle store every time you play (buy them all for $16!)
- it has the most annoyingly repetitive music I've ever heard in a game, and that's saying something
- you cannot turn off said music without also muting the other sounds. Seriously?!?
- it's dull. I played for minutes on "insane" and the AI never got a point.
- name makes no sense - you don't play in space, you play on the logo.
I give it a second star just for being free, but there are much better glow hockey games out there that run just fine on older phones.
Great innovation over typical air hockey games!
I must say I was skeptical at first, but I really enjoy this air hockey game over the standard ones that are currently out on the store. The music and graphics are really cool. Try it out and see for yourself!
- Category: Entertainment
- Released: Apr 07, 2011
- Version: 1.0
- Size: 20.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Kenneth Wong
- © 2011 SoftBox Group
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Paddle Pack 3$0.99
- Paddle Pack 4$0.99
- Paddle Pack 2$0.99
- Paddle Pack 1$0.99