By Full Control Studios
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
** SUMMER SALE UNTIL 30th of June - 60% OFF **
Get the original board game experience with this digital version of the iconic game.
Space Hulk is a difficult, yet rewarding, tactical turn-based game set in Games Workshop’s Warhammer 40,000 universe.
This digital version of the board game features a single player campaign, set in a beautiful 3D environment, and comes with cross platform multiplayer
functionality, which recreates the classic claustrophobic board game experience.
"WE ARE THE VANGUARD OF HONOUR. THE CUTTING EDGE OF THE BLOOD ANGELS. WE BRING DEATH."
You play as a small squad of fearless Space Marine Terminators attempting to reclaim their honour by mounting an assault on a derelict Space Hulk infested by
hordes of vicious Tyranid Genestealers.
Take control of the Adeptus Astartes of the Blood Angel chapter, and guide them towards glory, while battling fierce aliens and uncovering ancient relics.
NOTE: Compatible with iPad 2 and up + iPad mini – WILL NOT RUN ON EARLIER DEVICES.
Optimized for iPad 3 and later with high end graphics, textures and audio.
Space Hulk is a big and demanding game especially on the low end devices. If you have issues running Space Hulk, please try to turn off background apps and reboot your iPad 2/mini.
- Turn-based tactical strategy game based on the classic game mechanics
- 12 missions from the classic board game, and 3 brand new prequel missions.
- 3 additional campaigns available as DLC.
- Beautifully dark and labyrinthine 3D environments
- Singleplayer versus challenging AI.
- Head-to-head multiplayer allows you to recreate the board game experience against a friend.
- Cross platform multiplayer between Windows PC, Mac and iPad. Play asynchronously against friends and foes on multiple platforms.
- Enhanced touch controls designed for iPad
- High definition graphics for retina displays
- Languages supported: English, French, Italian, German, Spanish and Russian
What's New in Version 1.5
Coop functionality and new multiplayer lobby
Edit - new patch still plays well for the campaign (no crashes) and opens up some very interesting gameplay for multi-player.
I want to thank the Devs for a truly excellent gaming experience. As a player of the Chaos Gate PC game and the 40k tabletop game, I had been really missing a 40k game that "got it" - in terms of Warhammer dark, atmospheric sci-if. Space Hulk delivers in that area up to my expectations.
I also enjoy the tactical squad combat. The appeal here is more chess-like where you need to manage time /action vs the onslaught of the Gene-stealers. Great for creating tense moments as to whether your over watch will be enough or if one of your battle-brothers will fall.
To make the game even better, thought should be given to expanding enemies beyond Gene-stealers into Chaos etc ... Also - more open environments with other SM units would vary the game play. I know this goes beyond the scope of SH but the engine itself I think could be adapted to make a truly excellent 40k tactical experience. Good luck and keep up the excellent work !
The Emperor is my shield!
I was disappointed to read the negative reviews for this game so I decided to write one of my own. I never played the board game and the only other WH40K exposure I've had is DoW2 on the PC; however, I am an avid strategy game fan and found this game to be atmospheric, engaging, and stimulating, with great graphics/audio to boot (especially the voice acting!). In fact, it inspired me to learn more about the universe and I even bought a novel about the Space Wolves. Don't expect an RPG-like experience and you should have a great time with this: it's easily earned a place in my top five favorite strategy games on the iPad.
If Expecting Something Action-Packed...
This game is for people who like slow, careful gameplay. It is a very atmospheric puzzle game with growling alien monsters and armored, slow moving space marines.
If you want a game that takes some time, looks really cool, and demands more thinking than quick reflexes, this is your ticket.
Mine runs GREAT on my iPad 4. Yes, it uses a chunk of battery juice, but that's why I own a battery charger. : )
- Category: Games
- Updated: May 20, 2014
- Version: 1.5
- Size: 1.17 GB
- Language: English
- Seller: Full Control Studios ApS
- Space Hulk © Games Workshop Limited 2014. Space Hulk, Games Workshop and their associated logos are either ® or TM and/or © Games Workshop Limited.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Messenger of Purgatory Campaign$2.99
- Sword of Halcyon Campaign$4.99
- Space Wolves Chapter$4.99
- Defilement of Honour Campaign$4.99
- Kraken Skin DLC$1.99
- Behemoth Skin DLC$1.99