Space Miner: Platinum Edition
By Venan Entertainment, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Game of the Year award-winning action-RPG is back in a big way with this new MEGA UPDATE! With a brand new storyline, new enemies, new asteroids, and new gear, it's the perfect time to experience this iOS classic for the first time!
- New bonus storyline that continues the adventures of Uncle Jeb and the Gritstone Mining Company!
- A new map filled with 16 new sectors to mine!
- New asteroids, tougher enemies, and brand new secrets to uncover!
- Two new License Levels, with top-tier ship equipment to match!
- A new ultra-powerful level 8 ship, designed by billionaire madman Bancroft!
Since its original release, SPACE MINER: SPACE ORE BUST has been hailed as one of the greatest iOS games of all time by critics and customers alike. Don't believe us? Check out these reviews:
"Without a question, this is one of the best games I've played since the App Store went live" - Toucharcade.com (5/5 stars)
"HOW GOOD IS SPACE MINER. The answer is INCREDIBLE GOOD. It's probably the best original game to hit the iPhone." - Gizmodo
"Space Miner: Space Ore Bust gets my total complete recommendation. Long gamelife, great polished graphics and most importantly fun gameplay in space accompanied by banjos. Now I want a sequel." - Touchgen.com (5/5 stars)
"Few games truly stand out like Space Miner does." - Slide to Play (4/4 - Must Have)
App Store Rating: 4.5/5 (over 5,000 reviews!)
Onion AV Club: Grade A
No Dpad: "MUST HAVE"
App Spy: 5/5
Still reading? Awesome! Here are some more good reasons to pick up SPACE MINER!
- Hours of space-blasting gameplay across a massive 64-sector, non-linear galaxy!
- Fully upgradeable and customizable ships with literally thousands of possible equipment combinations!
- Hilarious storyline featuring top-notch writing!
- New Game+ mode lets you keep your game-changing ALIEN TECH and play on harder difficulty modes!
- Full Game Center integration for Achievements and Leaderboards.
Want to learn more about SPACE MINER or the Venan crew? Check us out!
Follow us on Twitter @VenanEnt
Join us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/VenanEnt
What's New in Version 1.5.2
- Fixed: An issue that would prevent some space miners from accessing the final sector of the Scar's Revenge expansion, dooming them to an eternity of never knowing whether the evil General Scar succeeds in his master plan or is thwarted by the good guys.
- Fixed: A rare issue that could cause crashes or loss of save data. It was so rare, in fact, that we had to set off on an epic journey of discovery and understanding through the Space Miner codebase to find and fix it.
- Fixed: Numerous issues where certain achievements were not achievable. Unachievable achievements can now be achieved.
- Fixed: Issues related to GameCenter not tracking space miners' progress on certain achievements. Since this information is useful, and also kind of important, we decided to fix it.
Still can't get enough of it.
Have played hundreds of times since it came out, and still can't get enough of it. This is not just a game, it is a finely tuned instrument of addiction. This game alone has literally turned my iPod into my favorite toy of all time! Please keep it coming Venan!
Ok since I am being asked again to rate this, I will say that it is still my favorite IOS game of all time. My only beef is that there are a few very obvious cheaters using old hacked versions of the game who have the top rankings in Game Center with over 1,000,000,000 points, when it is not possible to do that with a legitimate non-hacked version of the game. Those cheaters scores really need to be erased.
Redownloading after years
This game has been a huge part of my childhood, when I was younger I beat the entire game, even getting to New Game+. And now in redownloading it after.. Say, 4 years? And I can't wait to experience the same fun this mobile gaming hit did to me when I was 8. I'm 11 now using my dads IOS account due to his iPhone being handed down to me, just to fill in why I said 4 years. I give this a 5 stars for making me remember all these years the fun I had. Thank you Verdan, shoot I can't remember your name now, but I think I got it right, thanks though, seriously.
Great With One Flaw On A 6+
This is a great, possibly the greatest, mobile game with one problem on modern iPhones. The interface isn't scaling properly on the larger + models (they render the image larger and downscale to fit the 1080p screen) and so it becomes impossible to read the stats on weapons and equipment when buying in the store. The graphics are also blurry when they used to be crisp and sharp, another artifact of how it's rendered. Hopefully this can be fixed with a patch but it's been a long while, I've noticed this on both a 6+ and a 6s+. It's essentially a game breaking bug and I'm really bummed it hasn't been addressed yet. A FANTASTIC game otherwise.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Jun 04, 2015
- Version: 1.5.2
- Size: 179 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Venan Entertainment, Inc.
- © 2010-2015 Venan Entertainment, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.