The Space Shuttle Era: Stories from 30 Years of Exploration
By Smithsonian Institution
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Air & Space magazine presents a celebration of the 30-year history of the U.S. Space Shuttle, which launched more people into space than any other spacecraft. Based on the popular print Collector's Edition Space Shuttle 1981-2011, this digital version includes bonus interactive features, extra photographs, and multiple videos.
* Learn from the astronauts themselves what it was like to ride the shuttle into orbit and live and work in space
* Watch a unique time-lapse video of an orbiter being connected to its giant external fuel tank and boosters, moved to the pad, and launched
* See breathtaking photos of shuttle operations in orbit
* Find out how engineers overcame enormous challenges to invent the world’s first reusable space plane
* Read an essay about seeing the Earth from space by first U.S. woman astronaut Sally Ride
About the Smithsonian Institution
The Smithsonian Institution has inspired generations through knowledge and discovery since 1846. It's the world's largest complex of museums and research facilities, and it focuses on four core areas: Unlocking the Mysteries of the Universe, Understanding and Sustaining a Biodiverse Planet, World Cultures and the American Experience.
About Air & Space/Smithsonian magazine:
For 25 years, Air & Space/Smithsonian has brought the experiences of flight and the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum to all who are curious about the great aerospace achievements of the past century and flight’s exciting future.
What's New in Version 1.0.49
* Adding iOS7 support
* Upgrading to v28 of the magazine viewer
* Bug Fixes
Works great now with iOS 7 after update
The previous version did not work with iOS 7, but the recent update fixed that. Great navigation, sharp graphics, smooth app.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Oct 11, 2013
- Version: 1.0.49
- Size: 366 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Smithsonian Institution
- © Smithsonian Institution
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.