Air & Space magazine presents a celebration of the 30-year history of the U.S. Space Shuttle, which launched more people into space than any other spacecraft. Based on the popular print Collector's Edition Space Shuttle 1981-2011, this digital version includes bonus interactive features, extra photographs, and multiple videos.
* Learn from the astronauts themselves what it was like to ride the shuttle into orbit and live and work in space
* Watch a unique time-lapse video of an orbiter being connected to its giant external fuel tank and boosters, moved to the pad, and launched
* See breathtaking photos of shuttle operations in orbit
* Find out how engineers overcame enormous challenges to invent the world’s first reusable space plane
* Read an essay about seeing the Earth from space by first U.S. woman astronaut Sally Ride
About the Smithsonian Institution
The Smithsonian Institution has inspired generations through knowledge and discovery since 1846. It's the world's largest complex of museums and research facilities, and it focuses on four core areas: Unlocking the Mysteries of the Universe, Understanding and Sustaining a Biodiverse Planet, World Cultures and the American Experience.
About Air & Space/Smithsonian magazine:
For 25 years, Air & Space/Smithsonian has brought the experiences of flight and the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum to all who are curious about the great aerospace achievements of the past century and flight’s exciting future.
* Rebuild of the entire edition to allow for additional interactive elements
* Bug fixes and support iOS10
Ratings and Reviews
Fantastic app about a fantastic machine !
As a lifetime shuttle fan I collect and chew every article, video clip and every kinda of media that contains any info regarding Nasa's Space Shuttle and this particular app provides many unseen and unread info about my beloved shuttle !!
I've searched the whole internet and you tube but only in this app I found a high quality video of shuttle preparation in Assembly building (which makes me hod my breath every time I watch it) !!! It's a great application and I highly recommend to all lovers,fans or enthusiasts of either Space programs or Shuttle itself !!!
App failed to open
Total disappointment when after paying $5.99 and downloaded the app, the app will not open at all. Sent an email to Smithsonian to ask for help, and hope they could do something about it.
Will not show any pages
I wasted $5.99 as the pages don't load on my iPad 2 running IOS 7.02. When I hit the app support button, it just takes me to a sales site, with no apparent support links.
- Smithsonian Institution
- 234.5 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Smithsonian Institution
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.