By Periscope Audio Lab
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
SpaceSampler is a smart audio convolution application that lets you record, apply filters from real acoustic spaces and equipment, and then share with anyone.
Demo Video: http://youtu.be/uQJxhsfAqi4
"...doing for audio what apps such as CameraBag and Instagram do for photos." - iLounge
"Convolution technology comes to iOS with an app that enables you to record, apply filters (Impulse Responses), set the mix and then share the resulting sound. The IRs come from real gear and acoustic spaces, and you can export via email Audio Copy, Dropbox and SoundCloud." - Music Radar
"Even for an audio newbie such as myself, it’s exceptionally easy to create some great results with SpaceSampler." - 148apps
Record, paste or import audio, select between filters, EQ, set the mix, and then share. The high quality filters, or Impulse Responses (IRs), are captured from real gear and acoustic spaces, creating realistic, unusual or far-out effects for any type of audio source.
- Effects are modeled from actual rooms, spaces and gear
- 3 Band Parametric EQ & variable High and Low Pass filters
- Integrated sampler with resume recording and looping
- Live monitoring for low-latency, real-time effects
- User supported IR upload via Dropbox or iTunes FIle Sharing
- Stereo Add-On Pack available via in-app purchase
- Recording browser for easy file management
- Copy & Paste audio in and out via Sonoma Wireworks MAPI
- Share via e-mail, iTunes File Sharing, Dropbox & SoundCloud
- Choose between .wav and .mp4 for file encoding
- Big mix knob blends between effected and dry signals
- Re-load recordings for mulit-layered effects
- Fast convolution algorithm
- Simple, intuitive interface
Start with this core mono set, then combine and set your mix for an infinite variety of tonal colors. Stereo Add-On pack also available via in-app purchase.
- Tape Echo: A classic old-school tape echo with a touch of spring reverb
- Glitchy: Unique delay pattern blips add a circuit-bent type sound
- Studio Vox: Smooth UK mic pre, EQ and a nice studio vocal booth
- Slap Back: Classic ’50′s Rock-A-Billy slap back echo
- Dream Plate: The venerable 60′s plate reverb
- Great Hall: Long and spacious hall reverb
- Smooth Spring: The classic guitar-amp reverb
- Pop Doubler: A rich doubled sound, perfect for pop vocals
- Warm Room: A medium length, woody sounding, warm room reverb
- Inverse: A strange reversed room effect
- Studio One: Get down with this fun dub delay
- AM Radio: Emulation of a vintage, band-limited AM Radio
- Stadium: Announce your favorite game, or take the stage with this big delay
- Electro: Disguise your voice with this robotic, vocoder type filter
- Slow Wave: A classic 1980′s chamber with a hint of delay
What's New in Version 1.3
**If you do not see your previous recordings after update, you need to select IMPORT --> Copy From iTunes in the recording browser. This is due to the new User IR feature.**
**As with any update, please be sure to back-up your recordings first!**
*Note: Select "stereo" for Filter Output to experience the new stereo IR Add-On Pack!!
-Support custom User IRs via Dropbox & iTunes file sharing
-Stereo IR Add-On pack available via In-App purchase
-User May select which IRs to show in browser
-Support background audio
-Support import from Dropbox
-Add new splash screen
- Stereo audio support
- Stereo / mono selection
- Knob enhancements
- Knob motion selection
- Bug Fixes
- Please note: this version requires iOS 5+
- Add 3 band Parametric EQ
- Add variable High Pass and Low Pass Filters
- Add looping support to the sampler
- Add iTunes File Sharing support
- GUI updates
- Add Audio Paste into Sampler or File List
- Minor GUI update
***We want to continue to bring you great updates. Please rate, review, share and let us know what you'd like to see in the future. Every single one counts. Twitter: @spacesampler***
Just wanted to say nice update! The User IR feature is really great and the stereo IR add on pack sounds amazing. To answer the problem in another comment about their audio files having gone missing - I see on the SpaceSampler Twitter feed that all you need to do is go to the recordings browser and select IMPORT --> Copy for iTunes. You could also probably get all of them off your phone by connecting it to your computer and use the iTunes file sharing. It's a good idea to back your data up like this. I also see on Twitter that the Dev tried to incorporate Audiobus and says it will happen in future updates as the hardware gets faster (like iPad Air). All, in all, cool app and a must download!
Yeah, it's pretty cool.
The new space pack is great, but this app is still begging for audiobus. It would at least be nice to have a tail reverb at the end of a track, instead of it just cutting off. Still, nice sounds, but these improvements would be wonderful.
Love the reverb. Nice sound to it. Not quite like the real thing, but close enough to make it useful for tracks. My ONLY complaint is that I can't get the spread from a stereo track. The reverb is stereo, but the original stereo track is in mono. That makes this a decent app for mastering individual tracks, but not final mixes. That might be something that should be put in the description (unless it already is and I just missed it...).
Still, very much worth $.99.
iOS 8 problem - Please fix and update!
Since I recently updated my iPhone to iOS 8, your program is no longer working as it used to. It needs a serious update and fix ASAP! I used this program quite frequently and loved it before my iOS 8 update. I hope you read this review and can fix your program as soon as possible! This review is written on September 23, 2014. I am only giving three stars today because it is useless right now until I see an update when it can again be worthy of five stars! thank you
- Category: Music
- Updated: Jan 09, 2014
- Version: 1.3
- Size: 15.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Colin Ritchie
- © 2015
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Stereo Add-On Pack$0.99