Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Spaceward Ho! is a strategic game of awesome scope. You control the entire military and economy of a spacefaring race. Your goal: explore and colonize the galaxy.
Unfortunately, you are not alone. Alien enemies bent on galactic conquest will oppose your expansion. You fight them by developing new technologies and expanding your empire, or you can ally with them to turn enemies into friends.
Terraform newly discovered worlds or mine their natural resources. Maneuver your starship fleets, both in defense of your own systems and in offensive strikes against the evil aliens. Your strategic decisions will determine the fate of the galaxy.
Based on the original Mac/PC/Palm game and updated for iOS.
For new players, read the Help file and also watch the tutorial video online. Please contact us on Twitter @SpacewardHo or Our Website, or send us email.
What's New in Version 1.2.5
- Fixed Crash with large galaxies
- Fixed Crash with Multitouch after initial transition
- changed style of the message window
- No more toggle text on players sidebar when they are eliminated
- Display warning when building more than 10 scouts or tankers.
- Play "tick" sound when you drag to a planet
- Scroll the sidebar when you select a planet
- Disable auto play when showing a battle (should prevent some crashes)
- Fix Problem where menu couldn't be selected
Best Space Game
Spaceward Ho! is a masterful turn based conquer the galaxy game. Elegant in its initial simplicity. Marvelous in its growing complexity. Terribly addicting, be prepared to find yourself and your iPad (best platform - a bit small on iPhone) playing at every opportunity. You have two resources to manage and six technologies to invest in. Build fleets and explore the myriad of galaxy shapes, densities, and sizes. The sounds are hilarious, fitting well with the game. Graphics are clear and explanatory. Replay ability is remarkable, no one time through game here. Of course what is a great game if it doesn't have an Easter Egg or two to find. Get this game. You absolutely won't regret buying it.
One of my all time greatest games! Multiplayer please?
Seriously, this is one of my favorite computer games of all time. I've been so anxious for it to come out on IOS that I was thinking about offering to help with the project. I have spent many hours on this game and loved it! I love the graphics and original sounds. I can't wait for the multiplayer version! It's been so long since the last update, I wonder if development has ceased. Please support multiplayer. I'm a developer. Do you want help?
Great classic, a few annoying bugs
So glad to have this classic back, but there are some really annoying bugs:
- Mute setting, please! The sound on the splash/start screen can't seem to be turned off. You can only turn off sound in-game. Really bad if you're in public or sneaking a game in at work/school. This is really the worst.
- Slider UI could be better. Might be better to just go with bigger arrow buttons.
- I remember the classic game having two sets of sliders for economy. One was for research, savings, and *overall* planet spending. The second was for spending on the individual planets.
- May be better to have build/send/manage fleet buttons along bottom of screen when a planet is selected. To easy to fat-finger it in the current locations on map.
- Arrows (much like Mac classic UI) for transferring ships one-by-one between fleets.
Either way, a nearly perfect port! Thank you!
- Category: Games
- Updated: Dec 05, 2013
- Version: 1.2.5
- Size: 25.3 MB
- Languages: English, French, Turkish
- Seller: Christopher Cotton
- © Delta Tao Software and Ariton
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.