Spanish Translator and Dictionary - SpanishDict
By Curiosity Media
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
SpanishDict is the leading Spanish translator, dictionary, and conjugator trusted by more than 10 million people each month.
“The best free Spanish dictionary available in the app store!” Featuring the highest quality Spanish-English dictionaries, an interactive Spanish Word Game, a handy Spanish Phrasebook for translation with audio pronunciation, and a Spanish Word of the Day. Use it as a handy reference tool and translator or as a fun way to learn new words in Spanish.
• Spanish English Dictionary
- Full Spanish-English dictionary with examples, regional usage, and contextual information.
- Much faster than dictionary apps that require an Internet connection to lookup words.
- Words are autosuggested as you type.
- Audio pronunciations for dictionary entries available in-app (internet connection required).
- Full conjugation tables for all tenses now available for thousands of verbs.
- Irregular verb conjugations are highlighted in red.
- Three separate in-app translators (internet connection required).
- Simply type the phrase that you want translated and receive three translations.
• Word Game
- Challenge yourself with our fun Spanish word game and learn new words at all levels of Spanish difficulty.
- Audio pronunciations (available offline) introduce a word.
- Your job is to select the correct translation.
- The more translations you correctly choose, the more difficult the words become.
- Warning: the game is surprisingly addictive.
• Talking Spanish Phrasebook
- Features over 700 common Spanish words and phrases.
- Each entry includes a text translation and an audio pronunciation (available offline) in Spanish.
- Indispensable reference tool.
- Like your own personal translator while traveling in Spanish-speaking countries.
• Word of the Day
- Learn a new Spanish word each day!
- "A challenging word game to help you improve your Spanish."
- A quick and fun vocab lesson.
- Push notifications conveniently send you the new words.
- Easily turn off notifications in the Word of the Day settings.
- Keep track of Spanish words you are learning with the Favorites feature.
- E-mail yourself your Favorites list at any time with one click.
We hope you enjoy the app. Be sure to leave a positive feedback rating and tell your friends if you like it. And as always, good luck with your Spanish!
What's New in Version 4.3
- Companion Apple Watch app now available!
For a very simple app it's amazing. I end up using it several times a week if not several times a day to look up Spanish words (for spelling or meaning), double checking the gender of nouns, or verb conjugations. Even if I'm on a computer the app is faster to find the information I'm looking for (that said the app's website does have more info but it's very uncommon that the app doesn't answer what I need). It doesn't have every word in the Spanish language but it's very rare that I don't find what I'm looking for in a few seconds using the app. I highly recommend it to anyone who needs a Spanish-English vocabulary reference.
The offline dictionary has come in handy many times! A few local specialty items and colloquial expressions specific to Ecuador are missing, but that is to be expected.
The verb conjugations are helpful. What would make it even more helpful for those of us trying to learn Spanish would be if one could tap a conjugated verb and have the English translation pop up: "estará" to "will be", "estaría" to "would be", and similarly with the trickier ones like "would have called", "used to attend," etc.. Just calling them future perfect, preterite, etc. requires too much abstract thought when one is trying to understand what is being said, and doesn't help one learn to USE the verb form at all.
Outstanding. Dictionary, phrase translator, and audio pronunciation all in one. Faster than instantly: it suggests the word or phrase you want to translate as you type. Includes synonyms and, for phrases, alternatives. And suggests related One small gripe: you can hear pronunciation only once. User should be able to hear it as many times as it takes to get it right. Otherwise, if you're looking for an English-Spanish dictionary & translator, this is the one.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Apr 10, 2015
- Version: 4.3
- Size: 107 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Curiosity Media, Inc.
- © 2015 Curiosity Media, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Ad Removal$2.99