WORKS OFFLINE*. Largest on-call translation dictionary for the English-Spanish pair that works in any application running on your computer and instantly dispels all your linguistic queries by just invoking it with a customizable keyboard shortcut. It includes all our specialized terminology (Legal, Medical, Business and Technology) and natural-sounding voices in a variety of bilingual accents. Features include translations with definitions, examples, and quotes; results for each entry are easy to review while you browse in-depth for more information.
* Internet connection needed only for voices.
• Over 1,299,000 entries, 2,284,000 translations, 3,221,000 synonyms, 814,000 antonyms, 196,000 definitions, 96,000 examples, 146,000 quotes, 66,000 images.
• Enabled Search for plurals, feminine forms and verb conjugations.
• Embedded Tutorial.
• Natural-sounding voices for entries, definitions and examples in both languages (British and American English, European and American Spanish)
• Covers International, European, Latin American and Mexican Spanish. Covers American and British English.
• Phonetic transcription following IPA standards in American and British English.
• Phonetic transcription following IPA standards for American Spanish, Caribbean Spanish, River Plate Spanish and Spanish from Spain.
• Intelligent Word List Display: identifies multiple forms of plural and feminine as well as Spanish verb conjugations, with, without or even with misplaced accent.
• Words which are spelled identically in both languages are displayed twice in the List, marked with a flag.
• 40,000+ Phrasal Examples cross-linked to 200,000+ phrases & their translations.
- Translations, Definitions, Synonyms, Antonyms, Pictures, Examples and Quotes
- Clear-cut separation of meanings, identified with WM’s “Descriptive Tags”
- Part of Speech and other grammar attributes: Noun, Verb, Adj, etc.
- Noun type classification: Concrete, Abstract, Animate, Animal, etc. *
- Field Classification indicates area of usage: Zoology, Chemistry, Domestic, etc.
- Idiomatic Use tags: Idiomatic, Slang, Figurative, Formal, Inf., etc.
- Colloquial words indicated with flag icon of each country
Some Dictionary Curiosities:
- 1,332 fish names & their translations
- 1,917 foods and dishes around the world & translations
- 8,248 famous historic characters
- 13,100 famous people of today in arts, movies, sports, politics, etc
- 10,672 geographical names, cites, countries, nationalities, etc.
- 4,255 names of largest corporations in the US and Europe
- 3,322 names of largest universities in the US and Europe
- 20,189 names of illnesses, with corresponding translations
- 2,128 different types of viruses & translations
- 7,180 names of human body parts, & translations
- 550,000 classified entries in total.
- 24,000 + bird names in English, Spanish and Latin.
- 4,500 + new difficult words
• Note: A translation dictionary typically includes translations only. However, ours includes many definitions and related phrases.
Voices powered by iSpeech.
* Definitions, examples and quotes are now shown. We apologize for this error.
* Voices are working again, simply go to Preferences within the App and select the voice of your choice
* Minor performance improvements
* New database with hundreds of additions and corrections
Ratings and Reviews
My wife and I use this all the time. It is very helpful!
Does not work
I had hoped to use this on my iMac whenever I wanted to find a fast translation, offline mostly, but also online. Cannot get the application to open or do anything. What.a waste of money.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your report. The app, as the initial tutorial explains, resides on the menu bar of your macOS system. There, just click on the app icon and you'll be able to use it.
Update broke it
Would normally rate 5 stars but since the last update, hitting return does not always go to the desired look up. Not sure what happened.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.