SpanishDict is the leading Spanish translator, dictionary, and conjugator trusted by more than 10 million people each month.
“The best free Spanish dictionary available in the app store!” Featuring the highest quality Spanish-English dictionaries, an interactive Spanish Word Game, a handy Spanish Phrasebook for translation with audio pronunciation, and a Spanish Word of the Day. Use it as a handy reference tool and translator or as a fun way to learn new words in Spanish.
• Spanish English Dictionary
- Full Spanish-English dictionary with examples, regional usage, and contextual information.
- Much faster than dictionary apps that require an Internet connection to lookup words.
- Words are autosuggested as you type.
- Audio pronunciations for dictionary entries available in-app (internet connection required).
- Full conjugation tables for all tenses now available for thousands of verbs.
- Irregular verb conjugations are highlighted in red.
- Three separate in-app translators (internet connection required).
- Simply type the phrase that you want translated and receive three translations.
• Vocabulary Practice
- Challenge yourself with our fun Spanish vocabulary quizzes and learn new words at all levels of Spanish difficulty.
- Audio pronunciations and images help you remember new words.
- Your job is to select the correct translation.
- Create your own study lists or choose from hundreds of lists curated by our Spanish experts.
- We'll keep track of your performance so you can review your lists and keep your Spanish skills sharp!
• Grammar Guide
- Find answers to some of the most common and challenging grammar topics in the Spanish language
- Get tips and explanations from our Spanish experts to help take your grammar to the next level.
• Talking Spanish Phrasebook
- Features over 700 common Spanish words and phrases.
- Each entry includes a text translation and an audio pronunciation (available offline) in Spanish.
- Indispensable reference tool.
- Like your own personal translator while traveling in Spanish-speaking countries.
• Word of the Day
- Learn a new Spanish word each day!
- "A challenging word game to help you improve your Spanish."
- A quick and fun vocab lesson.
- Push notifications conveniently send you the new words.
- Easily turn off notifications in the Word of the Day settings.
We hope you enjoy the app. Be sure to leave a positive feedback rating and tell your friends if you like it. And as always, good luck with your Spanish!
Purchase an in-app subscription to remove ads for only $2.99 a year.
If you subscribe to our in-app purchase to remove ads:
Payment of $2.99 will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Subscriptions automatically renew yearly unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.
Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
The above prices are for U.S. customers. Pricing in other countries may vary, and charges may be converted to your local currency depending on your country of residence.
Thanks for your support! We're always looking to improve our app. This release includes:
- Stability improvements
Please leave a review if you like what you see, and always find us at www.spanishdict.com or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ratings and Reviews
The app itself is amazing to use, and just like other dictionaries, it gives you the pronunciation and various definitions. Unlike other dictionaries, though, it allows you to listen to the differences in English and Spanish (when the words are exactly the same, like karaoke) and gives you multiple ways to conjugate and use the word, especially if it is featured in a common phrase. What would make it better would be if, like the website of this app, it included a short video of a native Spanish speaker repeating it and using it in a sentence, and more slang from other countries. You could make the argument that since it's a dictionary, it should only use real words from different Latino countries, but it would also be useful to know what someone else said when they speak informally. Plus, it would be interesting to know!
I've been trying to better my Spanish for some time, and this app is extremely useful to me whenever I tend to forget something, not know something, or confuse one thing for something else. Would recommend it for anyone who wants to have anything to do with Spanish!
Also a tip for other users: if you don't find something on the app, chances are it's on their website.
Awesome Resource & Very Practical
I’ve been using this app for almost two years and it’s has been a great source of reference for me especially when I need to write something formally in Spanish or refer to a conjugation of a word. My only complaint would be that recently, random ads keep popping up and play videos without me touching the ad. The ads typically appear as a banner which can be clicked, on either the top or bottom of the page, however, I have never seen them in the form of a pop-up that you have to manually exit out of. I am aware that there is an add free version for $2.99/year and I’m willing to make the upgrade, but I would like to be assured that the issue I’ve been recently experiencing with the ads isn’t just a temporary bug. I can tolerate the ads which appear on the bottom and top of the page as banners, but pop up ads are intolerable. Please resolve this issue if it is a bug. I’m expecting a response from the developer so that I may continue to enjoy the features of this app. Thank you!
Thanks for using the app! We're very sorry that you have been seeing these intrusive pop-up advertisements in the app! We certainly did not request these advertisements from our ad partners, and we are working to track down and remove all pop-up ads from the app as quickly as possible.
If the ads continue to be problematic in the future, we would then recommend deleting and reinstalling the app, as that would provide a similar effect to clearing the app's memory and hopefully stop these ads from targeting you. Please send us an email at email@example.com if you continue to experience problems with the app. Thank you!
Forget Google Translate 😍
Forget google translate - SpanishDict is an amazing app that has saved my life on countless occasions. I am a student learning Spanish and you have no idea how useful it has been. The app itself is very well run, and features beautiful photographs of places around the world every day. It has a very nice search option, where you can enter any word in either Spanish or English and it will seamlessly give you a definition. The definition pages look very good and often include verb conjugation. The app even has a word of the day, so you can slowly expand your vocabulary. It would also work very well if you were visiting somewhere else or were in a situation where you needed to know Spanish, because the app allows you to type in whole sentences which will be perfectly translated for you. Overall, SpanishDict is a beautiful, aesthetically pleasing, functional app, one which you should definitely download.
- Curiosity Media, Inc.
- 296.9 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Curiosity Media, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Ad Removal $2.99
- Remove Ads Annual Subscription $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.